0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

bass tab required urgently :/

Chairag yadav
11 years ago
Report this message
hey guys therz farewell of my seniors at my school and I would be playing bass guitar for the 1st time in school….i want the bass guitar tabs for the song : Farewell (To You My friend ) - Raymond Lauchengco

the transposed guitar chord progression goes like this :

A|E|C#m|F#m|Bm|E|A|A

please people help me asap as i have to practice
johnny [staff]
you can just make up a bass line and play in those chords.

have you just started learning to play the bass?
umm sry I didn't get it….can u please explain?

Yes i play guitar and drums but bass guitar is new for me….so i really want some one to help me
johnny [staff]
Ok, I don't know the song but I'll try to help you figure it out.

Looking at the chord progression I believe that the song is in A major. So to figure out a bass line you're probably want to stay in that scale, meaning that every tone that you play will be in that scale. This narrows the possible notes you can play from 12 to 8.

So the notes in the A major scale are A, B, C#, D, E, F#, G#, A

here's a fretboard diagram to show you which notes you are “allowed” to play in this song.

so my first suggestion is that you just go through the song and play the root notes of these chords whenever they change (A,E,C#,F#,B,E,A,A). When you've practiced that just listen to the song and start adding notes. Only add notes that are in the scale and it will sound good.

Hope this helps
johnny [staff]
When moving to the next root you can add a single note that leads to the next root a beat early, just listen to the song and you'll probably hear something like that..

e.g. if the change goes from A to E and you're playing

Tabs:
G|------------------------|
D|------------------------|
A|-0-0-0-0----------------|
E|---------0-0-0-0--------|

you can do something like this

Tabs:
A|-0-0-0------------------|
E|-------2-0-0-0-0--------|

so that the root still changes at the right time but you play a different note before you go to the next chord. You don't have to play the F#, you can (and probably will want to) try any note in the scale other than A and E.

Also when playing over a chord you don't need to just play the root note but you can figure out or make up a bass line. Keep everything in scale and it should sound right. You can take a chord and look at which notes are in the chord and just play those note. E.g. A major chord has A, C# and E so just play those notes before going to the next chord.

something like this

Tabs:
A|----4--7----------------|
E|-5--------2--0--0--0--0-|
A C# E F# E E E E

so I've kept the note that ties the two chords together and changed the three As to play a simple line over the chord.

Listen to the song and when figuring it out just refer to the scale.
Yes you are right,the scale of the song is in A major.Actually it was in someother scale which was high (maybe E) so my school teacher changed the scale and transposed the guitar chords so that they can be played easily on the guitar…Thanks alot sir,it help….i'll copy that fretboard diagram..thank you
Sidsquishus
Nice of you to put so much effort into this Johnny. This merits being made sticky in a bass lessons section. I've seen this same question come up many times, but I haven't seen it answered in so helpful a manner.

Cheers.
Quote:
Nice of you to put so much effort into this Johnny. This merits being made sticky in a bass lessons section. I've seen this same question come up many times, but I haven't seen it answered in so helpful a manner. Cheers.
Yes absolutely…..it was helpful and It help me…

Reply to this thread