0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

What are your thoughts on the Fender Squire series?

AhmandahAnarchy
11 years ago
Report this message
I play the J series, mainly because it is my first bass and I love how the sound is for how cheap it was. Perfect first bass! <
I love you Jae, never going to get rid of you.
johnny [staff]
I think it's great value for the price
Sidsquishus
Though I have not played one, the Vintage Modified Jazz bass is well liked, based on various bass forums. I would definitely give one try were I looking for new bass. Johnny's comment is spot on - probably hard to get a better bass for the price.
Bazz
i have a Squire Strat and its the best value, and has a better action and fretboard than my friends fender strats lol, cost $130.
I have a Mexican Fender Jazz and want a Squire P Bass for my spare and for drop D tuning.
I have a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz, and it's great for it's price, the only problem I find with it is that it has more fret buzz than most other basses, but it's by far the best Squier bass you can get, especially for the price.
Sidsquishus
Quote:
I have a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz, and it's great for it's price, the only problem I find with it is that it has more fret buzz than most other basses, but it's by far the best Squier bass you can get, especially for the price.

Have you adjusted saddle heights and the truss rod? I've had success in getting rid of fret buzz with this, sometimes just by raising the saddles a bit, most effectively by putting a bit more relief in the neck.
topnorm
I too have the squire j bass. my 1st bass and it was a good deal considering the alternatives. anyone that played it so far really likes it as well.
I bought a better amp after my 1st couple of weeks and that made a huge difference in the sound. it was like a different bass.

I also find the buzz and hum. is there some sort of instruction and or tutorial on what you suggest Sid?
Cookies
I has the squire pea bass and I love it, it so nice to play and was a really good price. What you want when it's your first and you're not sure that it'll be for you. When I do upscale I don't see myself going for fender though.
topnorm
I agree with you Cookies. I don't know enough yet about the quality vs price but it wont likely be a fender.

I was thinking about an acoustic/electric bass for those camp fire days with the lads and the fender T-bucket seems to be right around the price vs quality scale; at least in my area…we will see.
Youri
I have a vintage modified classic vibe p-bass and it is awesome no need to change anything
I got a tortured Squier affinity P-Bass from second hand store Goodwill previous owner had sanded off all the squier markings and scribbled fender in giant block sharpie they had put on a chrome bridge cover too but that was missing leaving two big screw holes in the body. I put new strings on new tone potentiameter oiled the neck raised and cleaned the pick-ups and had three guitarists help me do a full set-up replaced the bridge cover lately too. In summary it's nothing fancy does the basics has good tone but Intonation was hard to set up

Reply to this thread