0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

ANY BRITS OR PORTUGUESE ON HERE?

Marko1960
10 years ago
Report this message
My posts are always 8 hours out of date on here cos everyone's over the pond, anyone in the BST timezone
TheDude [staff]
the staff is all european.

not british though, i'm afraid. cheerio.
johnny [staff]
i'm in CET. not british. what ho eh pip pip
IamMark
I'm American. But my ancestors were banging some Brits. Does that count?
Marko1960
I've never EVER met one of those American stereotype Englishmen, I work on building sites and if I spoke like that I'd get glassed, I have the same accent as Chris Rea and Janick Gers who's from the same town as me
Marko1960
Quote:
I'm American. But my ancestors were banging some Brits. Does that count?
I'm English and my ancestors were banging Yanks in the 1770s but you are probably talking about the 1940s when British men were saving the world from Nazi tyranny the Yanks were shagging their wives and girlfriends, you must be really proud
IamMark
My wife is from Banbury, and she said they (her brother and I assume the rest of her crowd) would call guys who spoke like that “pip pip, cherio…” Nigels.
Marko1960
Quote:
the staff is all european. not british though, i'm afraid. cheerio.
We won't be European for much longer thanks to UKIPs landslide win in the Euro elections and when we pull out there'll be no money to share out, we put in the same amount as Spain takes out. We'll trade with China instead
IamMark
Quote:
Quote: I'm American. But my ancestors were banging some Brits. Does that count? I'm English and my ancestors were banging Yanks in the 1770s but you are probably talking about the 1940s when British men were saving the world from Nazi tyranny the Yanks were shagging their wives and girlfriends, you must be really proud
No, actually I was referring to even early than that. Pre-American Revolution. My mom is real big into geneology. She's traced our family lines all over. The line pre-American Revolutionary period goes back to the Spencers in the 1600s.

On another line (my actual family name) my mom was able to trace back to my great, great, great, great grandfather all the way to Fife Scotland.
Marko1960
Quote:
My wife is from Banbury, and she said they (her brother and I assume the rest of her crowd) would call guys who spoke like that “pip pip, cherio…” Nigels.
We call them twats
Marko1960
By the way, Banbury is darn sarf, (down South), I'm from the industrial north east, my town was built on Iron and Steelmaking, Timber imports, coal exports and shipbuilding

Reply to this thread