0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

The introductions thread!

Quote:
Hi, I'm Misa and I've been on the site for a couple of weeks, after getting my first bass at Christmas.
Welcome Misa.
mszzzi
Hi, I'm Missy, I have been lurking here for a while and thought i should finally say hi.
I started playing bass about 7 months ago. I guess I am picking it up pretty quickly, was asked to join a band with some friends who have been playing for well over 20 years. We have a gig playing a set for a Ramones tribute show that has been going on for 10 years now. We pretty much have our set down.
I have also been teaching a friend of mine to play, which helps me solidify what i am learning.
I have also been learning the notes instead of just the fret numbers (it is easier, to me, that way. I picked up a fretboard map that I put on my bass, so it was passive learning, but it stuck with me).

I have 2 basses that I play-the one I love and play the most is a Rogue violin bass, the other is a semick s101 standard jazz bass, that I like to throw my effects pedal on it and play around with the sound on that one (it doesn't sound right on the Rogue, as it has a beautiful tone all on its own, so I dont like to mess with it).
I never know what to say in these things, so I guess that is all for now.
mszzzi
Hi, I'm Missy, I have been lurking here for a while and thought i shoild finally say hi.
I started playing bass about 7 months ago. I guess I am picking it up pretty quickly, was asked to join a band with some friends who have been playing for well over 20 years. We have a gig playing a set for a Ramones tribute show that has been going on for 10 years now. We pretty much have our set down.
I have also been teaching a friend of mine to play, which helps me solidify what i am learning.
I have also been learning the notes instead of jusst the fret numbers (it is easier, to me that way. I picked up a fretboard map that I put on my bass, so it was passive learning, but it stuck with me).

I have 2 basses that I play-the one I love and play the most is a Rogue violin bass, the other is a semick s101 standard jazz bass, that I like to throw my effects pedal on it and play around with the sound on that one (it doesn't sound right on the Rogue, as it has a beautiful tone all on its own, so I dont like to mess with it).
I never know what to say in these things, so I guess that is all for now.
Welcome Missy
Hello Missy & welcome! Hope to hear more from you
Welcome Missy.
I've only played a little bit on a violin bass - my brother's and it was decades ago - but I remember liking it.

Which bass will you be using at the Ramones tribute show? Your preference for the violin bass is clear, though were it me, I don't think that would be my first choice for a Ramones tribute gig! Best of luck with the show!

mszzzi
I'll be using the violin bass. Probably not what anyone would expect. LOL.

It's deeper and punches through a lot better than the other one.
Quote:
I'll be using the violin bass. Probably not what anyone would expect. LOL.It's deeper and punches through a lot better than the other one.
The Violin Bass is respectable in it's own rights. Welcome and best of luck at your show
It is about the sound, after all!
The sound is everything.

Reply to this thread