0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Loudlon's Tab Corner!

2nick3
Quote:
Hey, folks – to those whom I promised I'd get to your PM-requested tabs, sorry for the delay. Something came up out-of-town so I've been gone the last week or so. Once I get my ducks back in a row, I'll get to ‘em. Thanks for your patience. Although don’t be surprised if I sub-contract on some of them – there are a LOT I've got to get to lol

Rather than PM requesting tabs, make sure you put them on the main Request list. That way anyone can work on them, rather than them sitting in a ever-extending list on Lon's desk. Then you can PM Lon to see if he will grab it, but one of the other proficient tabbers could get to it as well.

I'm picturing a stack of post-it notes with a coffee mug sitting on top of them.
Marko1960
I'm picturing a stack of post-it notes with a coffee mug sitting on top of them.

Ha, I'm picturing a glass of Jacky D,
LoudLon [moderator]
Nothing so dramatic, I'm afraid. Just a text file with a shit-load of song titles, some of them with the name of the user who requested it. Not all, though. I'm getting forgetful in my old age and sometimes I forget to note the requester's name with the song.

When I have time, I can usually bang out a complete tab in an hour or two, if I'm not interrupted, depending on the complexity of the song. That's breaking down the song into sections, blocking out a template with the proper amount of staffs per song section, then tabbing note for note (as best I can). Then I play along to it three or four times, following the tab, to make sure I've not missed anything. Again, that's when I have the time and don't have any interruptions. But I have so many requests to get to that, at one to two hours per tab, it'd take me a week of non-stop, 24/7 tabbing to get them all done.

So I'm thinking what I"ll do is come back later and list what requests I've yet to start on or haven't done a lot on just yet, and if anyone wants to tackle any of them, you won't hear me complain.
2nick3
Quote:
Ha, I'm picturing a glass of Jacky D,

I made no claim on what was IN the coffee mug!
LoudLon [moderator]
Here are some of the requests I've yet to finish. The first group are tabs I have in various stages of completion (some just the main riff, some pretty much done except for a few bars or a section). If anyone wants to take any of these songs off my hands, I'm happy to share what I have tabbed of it so far, and you can have all the credit:

Heart and Soul (T'Pau)
In the Meantime (Spacehog)
Magic Man (Heart)
Baby Hold On (Eddie Money)
Positive Bleeding (Urge Overkill)
Rhinoceros (Smashing Pumpkins)
Rocket (Smashing Pumpkins)
She's Like the Wind (Patrick Swayze)
Smooth Operator (Sade)
The Unforgiven (Metallica – all done except last 12 bars of outro)
We're Not Gonna Take It (Twisted Sister)

And here are some of the requests I haven't started yet:

Some Dreams Come True (The Bangles)
Bad Things (Jace Everett)
Kung Fu Fighting (I have the bass track if anyone wants to fill this one)
I Build This Garden For Us (Lenny Kravitz)
Love Somebody (Rick Springfield)
It Must Have Been Love (Roxette)
I'll Never Let You Go (Steelheart)
Fooled Around and Fell In Love (Elvin Bishop)
Driver's Seat (Sniff ‘n the Tears)
Tomorrow Wendy (Concrete Blonde)
Machine Gun (Commodores)
1000 Times Blind (Rollins Band)
Coming Home (Cinderella)

These two lists make up just under half of the requests I’ve yet to finish. The oldest requests I have go back upwards of two years, and some of them are as recent as last week LOL

There's just not enough time in the day!
Twiggybass
I know quite a bit of Smashing Pumpkins Lon. I try the smashing pumpkins songs for you.
Twiggybass
There is not enough time in the day dammit. Marko you need to build a freeze time machine so I can play all day and not have to stop. You have been chosen.
Twiggybass
We're not gonna take it I can do as well. I got a few other twisted sister songs already half done.
Sniff and the tears.

Twiggybass
Heart - Magic man. I got two more Heart songs on the go.
Quote:
Here are some of the requests I've yet to finish. The first group are tabs I have in various stages of completion (some just the main riff, some pretty much done except for a few bars or a section). If anyone wants to take any of these songs off my hands, I'm happy to share what I have tabbed of it so far, and you can have all the credit:Heart and Soul (T'Pau)In the Meantime (Spacehog)Magic Man (Heart)Baby Hold On (Eddie Money)Positive Bleeding (Urge Overkill)Rhinoceros (Smashing Pumpkins)Rocket (Smashing Pumpkins)She's Like the Wind (Patrick Swayze)Smooth Operator (Sade)The Unforgiven (Metallica – all done except last 12 bars of outro)We're Not Gonna Take It (Twisted Sister)And here are some of the requests I haven't started yetnly to Be With You (Roachford)Some Dreams Come True (The Bangles)Bad Things (Jace Everett)Kung Fu Fighting (I have the bass track if anyone wants to fill this one)I Build This Garden For Us (Lenny Kravitz)Love Somebody (Rick Springfield)It Must Have Been Love (Roxette)I'll Never Let You Go (Steelheart)Fooled Around and Fell In Love (Elvin Bishop)Driver's Seat (Sniff ‘n the Tears)Tomorrow Wendy (Concrete Blonde)Machine Gun (Commodores)1000 Times Blind (Rollins Band)Coming Home (Cinderella)These two lists make up just under half of the requests I’ve yet to finish. The oldest requests I have go back upwards of two years, and some of them are as recent as last week LOL There's just not enough time in the day!

Hey. Loudlon. I will be 70 years old in June, any chance of “Only to Be With You” (Roachford) before i'm 71. lol.

Reply to this thread