0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Loudlon's Tab Corner!

Latex Sex
I wonder if the poor rating came from the slam army?
Leiria
He's still mad and trying to bring this site down? Now that is just sad…
johnny [staff]
i highly doubt that and it wasn't him the first time around as well
LoudLon [moderator]
Nah, I have no reason to think Slam had anything to do with it. He had his issues here but I wasn't among them. Not even during our heated PMs after his banning, when he was creating new accounts. Most of the animosity in those exchanges were from my end, because I was pissed that all that crap just had to happen on the very day that I was made a mod LOL

At any rate, my first thought was maybe it was some other tabber who was pissed because my tab was better than his (not to sound arrogant, mind you). So after posting about the person being a dick (LOL) I looked up to see who else had tabbed it, but mine is the only tab for it here. So, so much for that.

So I can think of only three real reasons why someone would bomb my tab:

1. The rater inadvertently clicked the wrong option from the drop-down menu. I prefer this option, because we all make mistakes, right? So no big deal. Oh, and this reminds me: Johnny, have you considered instituting a “confirm rating” pop-up when a user rates a tab?

2. The rater has a bad ear. Again, not to sound arrogant, but while I'm aware many of my tabs may not be 100% accurate, I know for a fact that none of them are so far off as to rate anything less than a 4. Except maybe my tab for Gnarles Barkley's “Crazy.” I used the wrong octave for that and have yet to get around to correcting it

3. Someone has a problem with me personally. And I hope this isn't the case, because to my knowledge I've not made any enemies here. And if I have, I'm an easy guy to talk to. Contact me so we can hash it out. But no more of this “spitting in my coffee” shit. Leave my tabs alone and talk to me.
I'm hoping it's the first point you made that someone just made a mistake, as you say we all make them & who's to say I won't do the same when I next rate a tab. Though if I did I'd be owning up to it so it could be rectified.

Having a bad ear is one thing Lon, but bloody tone deaf???!!! I can't believe someone could be that bad.

I also can't believe anyone would have a problem with you, but you never know, stranger things have happened. Again I really hope that is not the case.

johnny [staff]
I'm gonna have to go with option 1, Lon. I will implement a confirmation click.
MannyIII
I dont think its just lon. I read a couple of other tabs that were not perfect but didnt deserve a one star. I gave both tabs a 5 just to boost it. It was breaking the girl ver. 4 i believe. Its not 100% accurate but it will give u a good idea on how to play the song. I think somebody is just being a tool.
LoudLon [moderator]
What does it say about me that it makes me feel good knowing I'm not the only one? LOL
It says your human Lon. LOL
jt4ever
You feel good Lon knowing it's not just you that suffers extreme bad tab ratings. You are not alone, you are not being singled out

Reply to this thread