0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Tech Guys

Nihilus
If you are able to do this beautiful bass, I'm sure you can also make your own lightsaber
IamMark
I'll leave the light sabers to jedis.
IamMark
So it's finally put together, but I have a problem. A big problem.

Only one volume knob works. And I have to crank my amp up to hear it.

Looks like I need to take the control box apart and figure this out.

The action still needs some adjustments, but I'm letting the strings create the tension I need to bow the neck properly, and to also let the strings stretch out.

I'm taking today off to eat and drink. I'll get back on this tomorrow. I need Marko!!!

IamMark
I tested the pots and pickups and everything seems fine. When I hook up just the neck or bridge pickup individually they work and sound great.

I think the EMG wiring kit is not set up for two pickups to be used at the same time through the volume control.

Every schematic I've come across for a two pickup system calls for a toggle switch.

I'm going to go out and buy a switch and wire it up before I drill another hole in the body to see if this is a set up that needs a switch to work.
johnny [staff]
despite the facts that you're currently having wiring problems I can't get over the fact that it looks fucking amazing
IamMark
Thanks, Johnny.

I have two types of switches to try tomorrow. I'd do it tonight, but I'm off to an improv comedy show.

Hope the switch does the trick tomorrow.
IamMark
Switch did the trick.

All fixed. Sounds pretty sweet.

Now to get it in tune!
johnny [staff]
whaaaaaaaa! Make a video!
IamMark
Ha! I need to learn how to play it now.

The intonation is off on the G string. I need to make some tweaks here and there to get the tuning just right still.
Leiria
Wasnt there talk about making another one? Are you still thinking of doing it?. I know I never commented on this thread but Ive been following it and I love the way it turned out. Cant wait to hear it

Reply to this thread