0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Tech Guys

Marko1960
I have seen one connection, both cities have produced some fine music
Marko1960
My second project which has been on the back burner for a while now has had a new bit of impetus. I was on a job where some Mahogany window frames were ripped out and I managed to salvage some real high quality timber, enough to make three bass necks, so I'm ordering some truss rods and getting stuck in. I'll post photos if I ever learn how to!
IamMark
Sweet!

I need to complete a couple projects here at work before I can start my next build. But I'm hoping that as soon as that time comes, you can help guide me through the neck making process.

I'd like to start simple, and cut and build a standard four-string maple neck with maple fingerboard. I think I'd like to do a paddle head, versus a flat head.

Good luck with your build, Marko! Have a wonderful Christmas/Holiday/Pantsless whatever you want to celebrate!
Marko1960
The neck is a real big job, its best to source some cheap timber rather than shell out on some nice expensive maple, though to be honest, maple neck blanks arent too pricey but free mahogany cant be beaten on price lol, I'd send you a piece of this but i would'nt know what the shipping/duty would cost. The flat Fender style headstock is simpler and stronger than the angled Gibson style.in the meantime you could build yourself a fret slot cutting jig, I'll talk you through it later. Have a great Christmas/Winter Solstice/Holidays or whatever and remember, Beer is the best cure for a hangover
Marko1960
Imagine, if you will, a really nice photo of a very nice chunk of Brazilian Mahogany, and imagine also, a very nice template for a bass neck, if you REALLY use your imagination you will see how, by using the template, a really nice neck is on its way to being part of a nice bass! Tell you what, imagine your dream bass, I did a hell of a job didn't I. Sorry you had to use your imagination but posting pictures on BBT is harder than plaiting shit!
LoudLon [moderator]
If you have a URL for the image (the URL needs to end with an image extension like jpg, gif, png, etc) all you have to do is this:

[img]image url here[/img]
Marko1960
Imgur does that, but when I tap on the tree the only options are Save Image or Copy, there is no Paste option, I'm not much good with technology but I know crap when I see it
IamMark
Marko, I think I read your using an ipad.

After you've copied the image url from imajur, click on the tree (as you've done), then touch and hold your finger in the image url text box until you see the “paste” option appear on your ipad.
Marko1960
Quote:
Marko, I think I read your using an ipad.After you've copied the image url from imajur, click on the tree (as you've done), then touch and hold your finger in the image url text box until you see the “paste” option appear on your ipad.
BUT…NO…IMAGE…URL…TEXT…BOX…APPEARS…JUST…COPY…AND…SAVE…IMAGE!!'Copy' and ‘Save Image’…..'Save Image' and ‘Copy’ anyone see a pattern forming here, anyone from the 8,000 users must be able to understand what I mean when I say the only options that pop up are ‘Fucking Copy’ and ‘Save Twatting Image’
JEEEEEEEZUS!!!
Marko1960

Reply to this thread