0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Site changes and improvements

johnny [staff]
Yes unfortunatelly it does include bots and spiders. This is the tally that the site uses for determining the hot artists and hot tabs on the front page. So far it works pretty good (I think) even if it counts visits by bots and spiders.
Sidsquishus
Johnny, I noticed today that when posting tab in the forum using the tab (bass clef) button, returns are not recognized, so the blank lines between staffs disappear. Makes tabs a little harder to read. Cheers.
johnny [staff]
Tabs:
G|--------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------|

hmmm.. not really sure what you mean. The only time that new lines aren't recognized is when I hit ‘preview’. this I will fix now.
johnny [staff]
aaa.. I see now what you mean.. you cannot have multiple new lines, i will fix this
johnny [staff]
It works now!

Tabs:
A|---------7-7-9-7----------------------|
E|-5-5-9-9------------------------------|

A|---------7-7-9-7----------------------|
E|-5-5-9-9------------------------------|
Sidsquishus
Thanks Johnny. I really appreciate that you, thedude, and kissyboy get fixes up so quickly.
johnny [staff]
We've added a slight improvement to the way requests are handled:

Whenever a tab is approved to the site, the requests will be checked to see if the tab was requested. If it was, the request will be removed from the request list and an email will be sent to the person that requested the tab.
johnny [staff]
We have updated the way commenting is done on the bass tabs. They are now no longer done using facebook which should also decrease page load times (and doesn't require you to have a facebook account). You can now comment any tab very similarly to how you comment in the forum. Embeding youtube videos and images are supported, as is of course reporting the comments.

The biggest difference between the comments and the forum posts is that instead of just me, the dude and kissyboy, the author of the tab can also delete comments that he finds inappropriate. Use this power responsibly.

Among smaller updates, the ‘preview’ button in the forum was fixed, as it was buggy.

New updates coming soon.
johnny [staff]
We've added the search option to the forum. It was long overdue, sorry.
johnny [staff]
Things in my to-do list right now

- merging artists that are listed twice (e.g. Clash and The Clash)
- changes to the user profile (ability to add personal info, links to youtube account, etc., gear info, and personal tabs that are not based on a single artist)
- figure out a way to handle songs that have many versions. I think anything over 5 versions is overkill

Reply to this thread