0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Site changes and improvements

Making it possible to shorten tab links for twitter using any device. I use a Kindle touch (it's the only thing I have to use internet with) and this website's the only site I've ever had a problem with shortening links. Just a suggestion…
johnny [staff]
Yeah I remember you telling me about this over email.
When I tried shortening an URL of one of your tabs it gives me this URL

http://bit.ly/19tf0Kr

and it works fine.
Can you try again now? We have a whole new backend for the website, maybe it'll work now.
Sidsquishus
hmmm…I'll have to see how this (status of submitted tabs) is implemented. It could be a good thing.
Sidsquishus
I would like to see the tabs database purged of redundant and poor quality tabs, as talked about in the forum previously. I don't see the need for 9 versions of a song!
johnny [staff]
Nor do I, this will be done!
Quote:
Yeah I remember you telling me about this over email.When I tried shortening an URL of one of your tabs it gives me this URLhttp://bit.ly/19tf0Krand it works fine.Can you try again now? We have a whole new backend for the website, maybe it'll work now.
Hey Johnny, I tried to shorten a link with my kindle again and, once I click on the shortened bit.ly link, I get a blank screen saying “404-Page Not Found”. Weird thing is that it shows the full length URL of the tab in the address bar. Don't worry about fixing this if it's too much trouble, honestly. I bet I'm the only one wanting to link my tabs using a kindle touch and I don't want you to waste your time on this when you can be focusing on more pressing issues.

“The Dream” by The Birthday Massacre, if you are curious about which tab I tried to shorten.
I think it would be cool if users could see how many times their tabs are being viewed.
johnny [staff]
That's a good idea Melvin, I've done this. Now you can see how many times your tab has been rated and how many times it has been viewed in your profile or on the page of the tab you are viewing.
Sidsquishus
Does this tally of viewings include visits by spiders and bots….?
I don't think the tally should be affected by spiders, bots, and also the user who submitted the tab.

Reply to this thread