0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Site changes and improvements

TheDude [staff]
11 years ago
Report this message
hey bass players!

bigbasstabs.com is now running on new software! for those of you who know these sort of things, we're running on django now. we've spent the last few weeks quietly coding and johnny moved it to the new and improved version 5 minutes ago.

things have been tested, but if anyone notices any problems with the website, please let us know in this thread or via email.

now that the move is complete, we'll be adding new features. first comes the ability to edit the tabs you submitted to the site, then the private messages. if you have any other suggestions, post them here!

also, we'll probably be changing the layout just a tiny bit to fit google's advertising recommendations. you probably won't even notice that.

keep playin, keep tabbin!
rick213
when i look for artists, it just pulls up as no results found. i have tried multiples and they all give the same results. you can find them, but it;s not quite as convenient to just type the band name in. just a heads up man.
TheDude [staff]
you sir, are correct. i just fixed it.
TheDude [staff]
also, the post counter didn't seem to work (hence rick213's zero posts). i think it works now.
johnny [staff]
You can now edit your approved tabs!

To do so just go to your profile and you will find edit links besides your songs.

All your edits will automatically be published to the site, so please be careful and make quality edits.
bassm99
Brilliant news Johnny!
Sidsquishus
Yes, thanks Johnny, and TheDude also. And the third lurker person, whose name I can't recall.
Sidsquishus
Formatting goes weird in edit mode.

I opened up 10cc Donna and the verse bits appeared mostly as alpha characters rather than fret numbers. The right arrow I use to indicate ‘let ring’ appears to confuse edit mode.
bassm99
So far I have edited one song & I found I had no problems with it thankfully.
johnny [staff]
Quote:
Formatting goes weird in edit mode. I opened up 10cc Donna and the verse bits appeared mostly as alpha characters rather than fret numbers. The right arrow I use to indicate ‘let ring’ appears to confuse edit mode.

I fixed it, try it now!
KissyBoy [staff]
Quote:
Yes, thanks Johnny, and TheDude also. And the third lurker person, whose name I can't recall.
Haha, oh wow, thanks!
We really appreciate people giving us feedback of any kind. Really brings a tear to my eye :')

In related news, has anyone noticed that the site feels a bit faster and more snappy? Or is it just us?

Reply to this thread