0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Guitar or bass?

Cheekychuck
Definitely a bassist at heart, plus fingers are too fat for those little guitar frets.
Twiggybass
I am a bassist at heart. I actually started playing acoustic guitar and learned chords and rythm but i picked up a bass shortly after and never looked back. I learned to play it better then i ever did on guitar and it was much more fun playing with my fingers then strumming with a pick.
The best example is can think of is the song Just Like Heaven by The Cure.
I could not strum the song and play it right at all on acoustic guitaar even through i knew the chords so when i found the tab for the song on bass i had no trouble playing it on my first run and switching from fret to fret and making this loud rythm to go with the song was my favourite part about playing bass the very first time i played it
mayhem
I can play guitar but bass is more fun
bass freak
Played a bit of guitar for fun after I started to play bass (thanks to Peter Hook of Joy Division) but it doesn't do it for me in the way the bass does.
Quote:
This is tabs, the guitar have six chords and every chord with a different tuner. You have to press the number of the scale and do a improvisation solo, melody = composition.This face with smile is number 8. Relative scales. Do you want to hire me? Us or UK salary = banks deposits.
Your hired lol
I will admit, I am an avid bassist, but I have often thought about picking up a banjo, and how one would admister a Death Metal banjo solo……….. But I suppose dreams are dreams.
That´s ok to me talk in another language. I need it to pratice! Thanks, but do you understand?
Quote:
That´s ok to me talk in another language. I need it to pratice! Thanks, but do you understand?
I read you loud and clear.
And yes, incase people are wondering, My avatar is, infact, a Kitten holding a sniper rifle. Completely random, but badass.
IamMark
Quote:
I will admit, I am an avid bassist, but I have often thought about picking up a banjo, and how one would admister a Death Metal banjo solo……….. But I suppose dreams are dreams.
I found a Pirles 5-string banjo at a garage sale and the woman gave it to me. I think I paid about $40 (probably more than it's actually worth) to get it playable. I thought bass finger style would transition easily to the banjo. Not quite. I find the banjo very hard to play. But it sounds cool.

Reply to this thread