0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Tech Guys

IamMark
All is good. I didn't trust my pencil lines as being true center on the neck and body, so I got out a string and used that to see if everything was how it should be.

It's dead center.

I feel better now.
Sidsquishus
I do too!
Marko1960
And me. Do the rounding over on the back but stop just short of the neck socket and use files and sandpaper to finish it off
IamMark
Will do.

I should get my pickups in the mail tomorrow. I'm going to make my templates for the pickups and electronics cavity this weekend.
IamMark
So my pups came in yesterday. The wiring kit was supposedly delivered on Monday. I checked the FedEx tracking number and sure enough… delivered to Webster New York on 10/6/14.

Only… I live in Virginia.

Bastards!

I called EMG and they're sending out another kit overnight. Should have it tomorrow.
Marko1960
I ordered a Wilson Volley Ball through Fed-Ex some years ago, God knows where that ended up
IamMark
Quote:
I ordered a Wilson Volley Ball through Fed-Ex some years ago, God knows where that ended up
Hahaha!

Give Tom Hanks a call. He can probably give you some closure on that.
Marko1960
The control cavity is another tricky area, the shape is already sorted out for you as you are using EMGs pre wired assembly, cut out just enough to fit the pots and Jack socket in, you will then need to cut a bigger recess to take the cover plate, this will be cut to the depth of the material you are using, you can buy scratchplate material for this purpose. The length of the threaded shafts on the pots will decide the depth of the cavity, I think mine were about 1/2“ and I left 1/4” of timber to mount the pots onto. Take your time cutting down to the required depth and have a fresh cutter for the last 1/2“ of cut. Also take care when drilling the holes for the pots as the 1/4” of timber is now quite fragile and prone to splinter. It's a good idea to line the cavity with copper foil or insulating copper paint though not absolutely necessary. You will need a long wood bit, about 5mm diameter to drill the connecting holes between the pups, bridge pup to control cavity and control cavity to bridge. Your new shopping list, Scratchplate blank, scratchplate screws, copper foil and extra long 5mm wood drill bit
IamMark
I have a shielded cover plate already. I've made my two templates for cutting the cavity. I might get around to cutting them tomorrow.

Today I made my control cavity and pick up templates.

I cut my pick up holes and routed the corner off the back.

It's progress!
Marko1960
Looking good, bet you're already thinking about the next one

Reply to this thread