0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Who the hell is Adam Lambert???

Marko1960
I've been racking my brains but I cant remember who said it, it was a quote from some famous rock star that hits the nail right on the head, he said,

“I'd rather bomb with my own song than make it with someone elses.”
2nick3
Quote:
I've been racking my brains but I cant remember who said it, it was a quote from some famous rock star that hits the nail right on the head, he said,“I'd rather bomb with my own song than make it with someone elses.”

Looks like that was Eddie Van Halen (toward the bottom of the page):

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/e/eddie_van_halen.html

“David Lee Roth had the idea that if you covered a successful song, you were half way home. C'mon - Van Halen doing ‘Dancing in the Streets’? It was stupid. I started feeling like I would rather bomb playing my own songs than be successful playing someone else's music.”

But then 5 of the 12 tracks on Diver Down are covers, so apparently he didn't win that battle. Five times. But then 1984 has no covers, and 5150 has a new singer.
Marko1960
I guess most metaphors dont bear close examination

Whatever that means
Guinny
I struggle with these Idol/Voice shows and the performers who partake in them for a bunch of different reasons. To me these shows are nothing more than marketing exercises put on by media companies - designed to find the next product that will bring in a bunch of dosh and then be forgotten once the hype dies off.

It's bullshit. Everything about these “artist” is packaged. You can't sing that high part? - don't worry we'll use auto - tune. You can't play or sing live - don't worry, your live shows are just you performing to a tape. There just seems to be a massive void of artistry in popular music today and I think that is where Marco is coming from, and for the record I agree with him.

Lambert is talented, no doubt. I'm a former lead singer myself and his range is fantastic. Still, a good voice alone does not make an artist, and I think that is what popular music is missing today - real artists.

Marko1960
Thanks Guinny, I feel like ive been trying to convert the X Factor audience. You spotted exactly what I mean, when I say ‘Karaoke’ singers what I mean is, yes these people really can sing but they aint no stars. I've been watching The Voice so I'm not sat on the fence bringing people down, I've seen some great singers on there but to me, talent has to be discovered and not thrust upon you wether you like it or not.

One thing has come out of it that will cheer up Twiggsypoo though, I've gained a lot of respect for Boy George
Twiggybass
Twiggypoo is happy

However, I think those idol shows are a joke. I mean they had nicki vagine on there
Guinny
I just realized something. Marko admitted to watching the Voice! lol, ya old git! lol

Marko1960
Guilty as charged lol

Reply to this thread