0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Who the hell is Adam Lambert???

Lol! It's funny to read info from people that don't know Adam. He was runner up on Season 8 Idol. Fairly safe to say he didn't win because of controversial actions. I've never seen an audience react to any other singer like they did with Adam. Google his Idol performances and you will see. Adam released his 3rd album, The Original High last year. Ghost Town has went Gold, platinum, double etc across the globe. He is on world wide tour right now, coming to US in Feb. shows are sold out.

Adams voice is unreal! He has a range like no one else and I have personally NEVER heard him sing a bad note. The Queen songs are notoriously difficult. He sings them as if written for him. He isn't trying at all to ‘be Freddie Mercury". He doesn’t need to. I am a die hard Queen fan and never dreamed I would love another frontman.

Anyway, just wanted to give my take on someone I've followed since Idol. Adam has a humble, down-to-earth character that has never changed, even with fame. Other than his voice, he is known for his philanthropy.
Just a great guy.

Gale Richrath Mott
Marko1960
Is he just another Karaoke singer like everyone else on that drivel or does he write his own stuff?
2nick3
His version of Mad World alone should have won Idol for him that year.

Marko1960
Karaoke singer then. Theres enough singer/songwriters out there struggling to make it without crap like this cluttering up the charts. Tears For Fears did Mad World and thats where it should have ended. People over here who had had enough off this bollocks started a campaign to keep the X Factor shite off the Christmas number one spot,.and it worked, sending RATMs ‘Bullet in the Head’ to Christmas number one, with the message to these wannabe shows, “@$!# YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!”

Boils me piss I can tell you
Adam Lambert was on American Idol when he sang Mad World, everyone does covers you don't sing your own material. Before American Idol Adam had worked in musical theatre for many many years.Adam is indeed an award winning singer/songwriter and executive produced his critically acclaimed second album Trespassing. None of his 3 albums contain covers. Adam Lambert works in collaboration with Queen and is the Lead Singer for Queen (officially) not the current replacement for Freddie Mercury. The band is now called Queen + Adam Lambert. Brian May and Roger Taylor are Queen and he is himself. He is also an actor. glrm8892 gives more information including that he has the most extraordinary voice that can only be believed by hearing,so now you know who he is, YT his live performances you will thoroughly enjoy listening to him. I hope this answers your question.
Adam Lambert was on American Idol when he sang Mad World, everyone does covers you don't sing your own material. Before American Idol Adam had worked in musical theatre for many many years.Adam is indeed an award winning singer/songwriter and executive produced his critically acclaimed second album Trespassing. None of his 3 albums contain covers. Adam Lambert works in collaboration with Queen and is the Lead Singer for Queen (officially) not the current replacement for Freddie Mercury. The band is now called Queen + Adam Lambert. Brian May and Roger Taylor are Queen and he is himself. He is also an actor. glrm8892 gives more information including that he has the most extraordinary voice that can only be believed by hearing,so now you know who he is, YT his live performances you will thoroughly enjoy listening to him. I hope this answers your question.

Society Is Rejecting New Music En Masse For First Time In History
Posted on January 25, 2016 by Sean Adl-Tabatabai in Entertainment // yournewswire.com
For the first time in history, society favour old music and reject modern music

For the first time ever in the history of music sales, older record sales have exceeded the sales of newer releases, as the public en masse reject modern music.

Older music outsold current releases by 4.3 million, according to a 2015 report compiled by Nielsen.

Thefreethoughtproject.com reports:

To give some perspective, only a decade ago current music sales dominated catalogue music by over 150 million albums.

The new data comes from a 2015 year-end report by Nielsen, the data company that operates SoundScan music sales statistics that in turn informs the Billboard charts.

According to a report by VICE:

However, this data pertains solely to albums—either physical or digital—and does not include streaming. So, whether the Nielsen report shows a real declining sales trend for new artists, or merely that we’ve shifted away from albums entirely (the argument that young people are more inclined to stream rather than purchase music seems plausible), is shocking, though perhaps not entirely unexpected.

A trend towards pirated digital music downloads from torrents seems like a certain contributing factor in less new music being sold.

Additionally, studies have shown repetitive choruses in music to be more popular, indicating a possible precipitating factor in the perhaps intentional dumbing down of musical content by the industry.

“Despite the many factors that go into creating a hit song, we identify repetition of the chorus as one that has important real-world implications,” Professor Andrea Ordanini of Bocconi University, author of one of the studies, said.

The researchers analyzed songs going back to the 1950s, including 1,029 that reached number one and 1,451 that never climbed above 90. The chorus was repeated between one and 16 times in the songs. They found that for each additional repeat, a song’s likelihood of making it to number one increased by 14.5 per cent. But it decreased by 6.1 per cent with each additional year in the age of the main performer, according to the Telegraph.

Providing even further insight in an interview with AllHipHop.com legendary hip-hop artist Darryl McDaniels, more commonly known as DMC of the pioneering group Run-DMC, sums up the conundrum faced by artists. In reference to the expressive art form of hip-hop vs. the multi-billion dollar pop money machine hip-hop he states:

“It was inevitable that Hip Hop became commercialized but along the way our power got taken away,” he says in the story. “Now you got the same 12 records on radio being played over and over again.”

“We wanted to change the world, taking responsibility for our actions,” he said. “Now everything that’s negative in stupid ass America is celebrated.”

If you believe the music market is driven by consumer demand, you would be sadly mistaken as it’s the ruling class taste-makers that prepackage and deliver the content they have decided is acceptable. The ability of the elites to condition the masses through music should never be underestimated.

2015 Neilsen Music U.S. Report
Marko1960
Back in the 50s 60s 70s and 80s there were no covers in the charts, the likes of ‘Idol’ and ‘X Factor’ have put an end to that.

…oh sorry, One Erection had their original song, ‘Best Song Ever’, but slap my knees and call me Dierdre if it isnt totally indistinguishable from The Who's ‘Baba O’Reilly'
Marko1960
By the way glrm8892…

…you're Adam Lambert arent you
Haha! I wish! No I have no God given talents except being a really good nurse

Reply to this thread