0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Anyone out there like Culture Club?

Twiggybass
I think they would of yes. I think the band would of done fine. There are alot of 80's band that made it and i think George was the one with a vision. They called him the queen bee for a reason because he had a vision for the band. But it was internal conflict that split them. I recently listened to their new song “More Than Silence” and asked myself the very same question. After listening to the song, the answer was yes they could of went further. The song shows that George still has a writing spirit for the right music for the band and could of eaisly wrote the song back in the 80's and still keep the band on top.

2015, Boy George can still preform and write like he did 30 years ago.

http://www.today.com/popculture/culture-club-performs-today-show-summer-concert-series-t29791

This is brand spanking new and the humble start of their new tour

Twiggybass
Tribes is due out in early 2016
Culture Club is playing in Vancouver on July 17th and 18th.
Quote:
Tribes is due out in early 2016

I can't see why the release date has been changed. There seems to be no reason for it. I'm just eager to have it
Quote:
Do you guys think C.C wouldve have been as famous if it werent for the way they looked and dressed?It was the 80's so everything was bright and poppy, so they were just part of ghe trend. I ask because i recently introduced someone to prince without telling them it was prince. First reaction when i told yhem it was prince was “ really, thats pretty good” the GLAM of prince sort of turns people off and miss out on what a talent he is. I wonder if the same can or should i say happen if someone said of C. C

Good question! I'd like to think the songs would have been enough for CC to be as famous as they were, but I do think the image helped big time. They were in the right place at the right time. George's image asked the major question of “is it a boy or a girl” when he first appeared & it didn't do the band any harm.
softcell62
The image was huge & that early 80's period just had that right mixture of great music with great visuals. Video was brand new so Boy George was perfect for the MTV generation.
I'd like to think that despite the way George looked, the songs were so strong that they still would have achieved some sort of success.
Culture Club were awesome back in the 80's. Time (Clock of the Heart) is still my favourite after all these years!

Their debut single “White Boy” Released in 1982.

Their second single “I'm Afraid Of Me” Released in 1982.
softcell62
These first 2 singles were criminally ignored in the UK & made no impression on the charts. Third time lucky! The world didn't know what hit them

Reply to this thread