0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Show your videos on YouTube

johnny [staff]
Nice! Do you find it more difficult to play standing up as opposed to sitting down?
Quote:
Nice! Do you find it more difficult to play standing up as opposed to sitting down?

Well, I started standing because my right arm kept getting tired holding it in that position for five minutes at a time. That doesn't happen anymore standing but the biggest problem im running into now is that standing i cant see all the strings. One thing I did notice, standing my tone seems to have improved, like there is more low end suddenly.
The Bassist - standing vs sitting is night & day. The low end you are noticing has always been there, it is the perception that has changed. By sitting, you are getting an ear full - literally
By standing, you are receiving more of the rooms acoustic environment and noticing the amps true work at hand. The vision and feel by standing is a different atmosphere altogether, continue to do so. In time it will feel completely comfortable. Your mind and hands will eventually come together and you will overcome this - “not seeing the strings dilemma”.

Don't focus too much where the strings are, rather pay more attention to the fretboard markers instead. Everything else will eventually fall into place naturally.
Quote:
The Bassist - standing vs sitting is night & day. The low end you are noticing has always been there, it is the perception that has changed. By sitting, you are getting an ear full - literally By standing, you are receiving more of the rooms acoustic environment and noticing the amps true work at hand. The vision and feel by standing is a different atmosphere altogether, continue to do so. In time it will feel completely comfortable. Your mind and hands will eventually come together and you will overcome this - “not seeing the strings dilemma”. Don't focus too much where the strings are, rather pay more attention to the fretboard markers instead. Everything else will eventually fall into place naturally.
+1 Exactly the same experience here! The sound comes at you via the walls and whatever reflects it.

Regarding the fretboard, I tend to look at it if my fretting hand changes position. If I'm really in the groove I don't watch at all. Don't force it, it'll come with time.
Marko1960
So by moving 3' upwards the sound is better? I'll tell my mother to get rid of her hearing aid and get a step ladder instead, cheers guys
Quote:
So by moving 3' upwards the sound is better? I'll tell my mother to get rid of her hearing aid and get a step ladder instead, cheers guys
If she wants to hear more bass…
Marko1960

If she wants to hear more bass…

so 18" should be just perfect, I'll get her a couple of beer crates and save money on step ladders, thanks again fellas
MotorMog

Im a little newbie :$ https://instagram.com/p/2bi5kBljpz/
follow if you want
Hi newbie! Welcome aboard. What bass are you playing?

Reply to this thread