0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Show your videos on YouTube

Hi ThunderBassist I don't know exactly what model is my bass, but it's a memphis. Maybe you can help me to know the model https://instagram.com/p/2bdQG8ljvl/ , there's a pic.
IamMark
Wasn't Memphis Guitars a division of Yamaha? More of the entry level stuff?
Yamaha sold the Memphis P Bass copy under their own brand name. The bass in the picture reminds me of the German Fame brand, but if the headstock says Memphis, it has to be a Japanese bass from the Matsumoku factories. Back in the 70's they built P Basses of an amazingly high quality.
Quote:
Yamaha sold the Memphis P Bass copy under their own brand name. The bass in the picture reminds me of the German Fame brand, but if the headstock says Memphis, it has to be a Japanese bass from the Matsumoku factories. Back in the 70's they built P Basses of an amazingly high quality.

Wow, i bought used for aprox 30USD… How i can know the model of it? the only info is Memphis y headstock, nothing more . Maybe it's just a chinnese random bass xD thnx anyway for wake me the curiosity.
This happens if you've got a guitar player at hand…
Quote:
Quote: Yamaha sold the Memphis P Bass copy under their own brand name. The bass in the picture reminds me of the German Fame brand, but if the headstock says Memphis, it has to be a Japanese bass from the Matsumoku factories. Back in the 70's they built P Basses of an amazingly high quality. Wow, i bought used for aprox 30USD… How i can know the model of it? the only info is Memphis y headstock, nothing more . Maybe it's just a chinnese random bass xD thnx anyway for wake me the curiosity.
There is a chance that someone may recognize this bass, if you post a few detailed pictures of the bass on the TalkBass forum and on the BassTalk247 forum.
Marko1960
Dean basses did that neck extending into the body at an angle past the fingerboard thing, try cross referencing. The Matsomoku factory made guitars for just about everybody, its a bit of a minefield

I had three different recording sessions for this song and each time I produced a video I intended to upload only to delete it a few hours later and try again. Out of all of them this was the best.
kabekew
Here are a couple of my covers from the Beatles' Abbey Road album:

Sounds good! Very nice Rick!

Reply to this thread