0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Show your videos on YouTube

So I managed to clamp the camera to the headstock
Marko1960
Nice one Jay, I always wanted to do that camera on the headstock thing but I'm just a lazy git
Quote:
Nice one Jay, I always wanted to do that camera on the headstock thing but I'm just a lazy git
LOL
2nick3
Quote:
So I managed to clamp the camera to the headstock

Great angle for watching your technique! I picked up a few things just watching through this once.

I've now realized it was a big mistake training myself away from anchoring my right thumb on the string above (lower tone) than what I'm playing, and need to go back to that. As my acoustic bass doesn't have anything on the face to anchor on I think it will be getting a lot more playing time as I work on that.

Right at the end, you have your left thumb stick out from under the neck - what's going on there??? It looks like it was to make it easier to play the upper frets, but you go there earlier in the song and don't do it.

For demonstrating technique that camera placement is tough to beat!
Quote:
Quote: So I managed to clamp the camera to the headstock Great angle for watching your technique! I picked up a few things just watching through this once.I've now realized it was a big mistake training myself away from anchoring my right thumb on the string above (lower tone) than what I'm playing, and need to go back to that. As my acoustic bass doesn't have anything on the face to anchor on I think it will be getting a lot more playing time as I work on that.Right at the end, you have your left thumb stick out from under the neck - what's going on there??? It looks like it was to make it easier to play the upper frets, but you go there earlier in the song and don't do it. For demonstrating technique that camera placement is tough to beat!
I guess my hands are too large for the neck, so the thumb very often sticks out. I also use the thumb to help mute unused strings. Sometimes the thumb is allowed to fret a low F or F#.
Unboxing Day, The New Shurtz…
I bought Priest's live album Unleashed in the East in 1979.
A cover of a cover…
…and another cover of a cover.
A golden ZZ Topper, upright for fun and a capo because I'm lazy.

Reply to this thread