0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Any CD collectors?

linkinpark232
I remember this one time when my old friend and I were walking around (I'm pretty sure we were only 12 or 13) and found a cool looking store. It had guitars and cds in the front and a bar in the back. I don't think we were supposed to go in there but it was at like noon. Lol we had no idea what to think of it because we didn't know what we walked into
Cheekychuck
Quote:
I remember this one time when my old friend and I were walking around (I'm pretty sure we were only 12 or 13) and found a cool looking store. It had guitars and cds in the front and a bar in the back. I don't think we were supposed to go in there but it was at like noon. Lol we had no idea what to think of it because we didn't know what we walked into

I remember this one time at band camp ;p

And Lon you are correct as usual. Those specialty shops were awsome. Whether it was my W.A.S.P. F*#k like a Beast LP, back patches for the back of the jean jacket, rock jewelry, leather, studs, and every rock bands music, with the rare stuff. I think i bought my Loudness rising sun sleeveless shirt at one of those places as well.

Back to the thread. I have two boxes of Cds. Don't use them. Most of the classics I had were released on cassette tape. Now with itunes, its too easy to get the songs that I want without having to buy the whole album.
linkinpark232
I don't want to get off-topic once again. Lol i really really wish my city had an indie place
SadWings, I have to ask, what do you think of Rocka Rolla? Everyone acts like it's crap because it was before Priest had formed their signature look and sound. I think it's a pretty solid album. I like One For the Road, Rocka Rolla, Run of the Mill, and Caviar & Meths.
MannyIII
Quote:
Okay, okay someone answer this question: is A Day In The Life by Beatles about suicide? Haven't listened to them in years and just now realized what the lyrics were saying. So, is it about suicide?

No its not about suicide. I know its two songs one by paul and one by lennon combined. If i remember, (i should google it. ) The verse about the english army is about a movie lennon was in and 2 other verses were about stuff he read. The paul verse i assume it was just about him waking up. The music in the song is great.
linkinpark232
Ah the line “He blew his mind out in a car” made me think otherwise
Sadwings
Quote:
SadWings, I have to ask, what do you think of Rocka Rolla? Everyone acts like it's crap because it was before Priest had formed their signature look and sound. I think it's a pretty solid album. I like One For the Road, Rocka Rolla, Run of the Mill, and Caviar & Meths.

Amazing album…not for the Painkiller fan, but like me…I'm a loyalist. Rocka Rolla is a great bluesy Hard Rock album. Nobody was playing like that, back in the early 70's, except maybe Deep Purple. Never Satisfied is also a great song…Ian Hill's bass playing if far under-rated IMO. Caviar & Meths is a great instrumental, but way too short. I remember asking KK & Ian years ago about releasing the full track…they both said its hidden somewhere in their archives.
In short…I love having a glass of wine and listening to Rocka Rolla and Sadwings of Destiny. They are my “go to” albums for down time…try useing headphones…you'll hear exceptional styles of Rob singing as well. \m/ \m/
IamMark
I have more CDs then I'd like to try and count. My sister had a boy friend who worked in a music store an would give me all the promotional CDs after the store was done with them. So I probably have about 100 with holes drilled in the jewel cas es.

But I can't remember the last time I bought a CD. It has to have been over 10 years.
Usually they put holes in the bar codes, never heard about em in the actual case.
Quote:
Usually they put holes in the bar codes, never heard about em in the actual case.
The hole goes in the center of the CD ;p

Reply to this thread