0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

So did you guys drop guitar or an other instrulent to play bass or did you start directly with bass ?

Late starter, acoustic guitar just shy of my 40th b-day, first bass after I turned 40th. Like the guitar to play songs, but like the bass to play in a band. Small 15 watt crate and SDG active bass to start. Love the bass groove. THIS IS A GOOD BASS SITE, PROBABLY THE BEST I'VE RUN ACROSS THE PAST TEN YEARS.
LOL a 40 year old with a JB profile pic.
Quote:
LOL a 40 year old with a JB profile pic.

Actually, after reading his whole post he's older than 40
I'm gonna go with 52, hope he sees this
Started on bass when I was 15. Prior to that I played bagpipes and flute. Stopped playing at 20 and started again quite some time later. Very much later. Bass just seemed right. I always hummed the bass riffs from whatever I was listening to.
I started with guitar but I realized I wasn't that good at it…
Until I picked up a bass, a beautiful Squier Jazz Bass, and that's when it all changed.
In my early teens I played some keyboard. Then I didn't play any instrument for more than 30 years. Four years ago, at the age of 50, I started playing the bass. I learnt it all by myself, by playing along with songs I've known for decades.
Quote:
Started on bass when I was 15. Prior to that I played bagpipes and flute. Stopped playing at 20 and started again quite some time later. Very much later. Bass just seemed right. I always hummed the bass riffs from whatever I was listening to.

Unless you're listening to Eruption by Van Halen. Ooh gotcha

Reply to this thread