Leiria
That joke is a bit late
Yep
johnny [staff]
sorry
Leiria
when I was looking for flanders pedal I actually found this

Sidsquishus
Here's a pretty cool reverb pedal that allow trails and very long sustain. The demo uses a guitar but it works for bass as well (frequency response of the pedal goes down to 20 Hz). They sent me a sound clip for bass and it sounds nice, warm, fat, and is very well articulated - not muddy sounding at all. Made in Latvia. ZCAT pedals.

So I've now played using this pedal, and it is a great guitar pedal, but not as great for bass. The sustain feature essentially doesn't work for bass; and you need to keep the mix knob below 10 o' clock (meaning only a relatively small portion of the total range available) or the reverb gets hugely boomy and muddy. So not recommended for bass.
Youri
Hey, before you judge an effect pedal, check your EQ, people underestimate its huge impact on the effect
Youri
Does anyone know any good Tremolo pedals for bass ?
Leiria
45:20 - does anyone know how to get a tone similar to that? Thats the demo version of First the Heart, he uses the same tone on the album but I put this one instead because the bass is more audible (it has sax on it)

Youri
Sounds like a DI to me, that or an overdrive with a lot of clean and, bewteen low and middle gain (let's say around 9 o clock) and a bunch of other settings (for that overdrive) the strings (and pick) and equilizer are largely responsible for this tone, by guessing I would say a lot of low mid and some treble
Leiria

Thanks a lot. I have neither overdrive or DI, but I really like this tone and want my version of it (similar, but not exactly the same) Any recommendations for pedals?

Reply to this thread