0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

The poll for advice about bass effects

Leiria
Exactly,adding some can contribute for a awsome tone, but had too much and it will just sound like random noise.
linkinpark232
Especially if you're using a cheap pedal
just3boyz
My advice would be to never overload your pedal board.
Everytime you add a pedal to your “chain,” you're loosing a bit more quality from your signal.
I'm down to just a chorus pedal and an octave pedal.
I have a clip on tuner so i don't need a tuner pedal.
I like to use a delay sometimes, but it's not always practicle.
I'f you're going to use dealy, i would reccomend having one with a tap tempo function.
Another thing that helps your overall tone is to not buy guitar pedals.
make sure you buy pedals that can handle bass frequencies.
I have the boss phaser and it's a cool sounding pedal and all, but it just sucks the bass tone right out.
linkinpark232
Why would a bassist “overload” their pedalboard? Like bassists never use anything but distortion/fuzz/overdrive and rarely delay.
just3boyz
I'm just saying man. People get carried away. There's lots of cool stuff out there you can use. I like using my octave pedal with the lower octave set high so when the guitar player is soloing I can play the riff an octave higher so it seems like there's still a guitarist playing the riff with the bassist. I've seen guys with phasers and Flanders and reverbs and all sorts of stuff and they all find their way to make it work. I've just noticed that when they got an bunch of pedals they seem to loose a good deal of low end and that's never good.
just3boyz
I'm just saying man. People get carried away. There's lots of cool stuff out there you can use. I like using my octave pedal with the lower octave set high so when the guitar player is soloing I can play the riff an octave higher so it seems like there's still a guitarist playing the riff with the bassist. I've seen guys with phasers and Flanders and reverbs and all sorts of stuff and they all find their way to make it work. I've just noticed that when they got an bunch of pedals they seem to loose a good deal of low end and that's never good.
Leiria
whats a flanders? Ive never heard of it and I cant find anything online
johnny [staff]
perhaps he meant flanger
just3boyz
yup i ment flanger, my bad.
johnny [staff]

this is a flanders

Reply to this thread