0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Who are the Metal Heads?

linkinpark232
Exodus' new album Blood In, Blood Out is pretty solid except Kirk Hammet's solo since it has wah on it. Slayer's new song Implode is surprisingly good considering their last two albums, Christ Illusion and World Painted Blood, were shit. Surprised no one ever says anything about Kerry King and wah on his solos…
johnny [staff]
I never liked the overuse of the wah in kirk's playing. I know he isn't a sloppy player but a lot of sloppy players use it to cover up their mistakes a bit. I guess he just likes it.
linkinpark232
I think he uses it to make everybody think he plays these impossible solos. All it is is the effect of the wah that makes it sound hard
linkinpark232
I must say though it's a lot better than Kerry King hitting the wah and frets 10-22
johnny [staff]
oh yeah He can't solo for shit.
linkinpark232
I wouldn't go as far as saying he can't solo for shit because he does have some pretty tough solos; however everyone says that Jeff's solo on Seasons In The Abyss is the easiest. Hell no! I learned Kerry's in 20 minutes and can't begin to do Jeff's tapping part.
Sadwings
IMO, Kirk lost the feel of playing Metal (the whole band did). Maybe him being a guest on the new Exodus will inspire him to play more solid metal with Metallica.
Sadwings
I'm more of an Early Maiden fan…now a days, they are more progressive. Haven't really been a fan since Dance Of Death. I still hold Dave & Adrian as one of the best duo's in the business.

S
just3boyz
Dream theater sucks
linkinpark232
Quote:
Dream theater sucks

Pretty much but I wouldn't call them metal

Reply to this thread