0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

AC/DC TO SPLIT

linkinpark232
Lon I think all of us are sick of those 3 songs, don't even like The Dope Show. But, like I said. The bands I listen to rarely ever get played on the radio, at least in my town. I've only heard The Beautiful People twice and Dope Show once on the station. So, it really depends where you are I guess
Marko1960
I have nothing against Manson either, I just like winding Linkin up cos he bites like a scrapyard dog. Manson are not really big in the UK, I've never heard them on the radio, only on MTV
linkinpark232
That's hilarious. MTV. Ha
Cheekychuck
Quote:
Well, Linkin, I'm not looking to get in on the Manson bashing – we've already had this conversation, I'm not a fan but I also don't harbor any ill will against him – but you do realize that Manson actually meets your criteria for being considered washed up, right? I can honestly say I've heard only three of his songs get any kind of real radio play – Sweet Dreams, The Beautiful People and The Dope Show, and they're all over fifteen years old. And, that's just over half the number of AC/DC songs you listed, which means that by your own criteria, you would consider Manson even MORE washed up than AC/DC.As for not liking something because too many other people like it, that's just being intentionally contrary. There's no substance to that. It's tokenism. A pose. If you honestly don't like something, there's no harm in that. We all have our tastes. But to deprive yourself of something you probably would like, just because other people like it too? All I can say to that is that I'm a very intelligent person, but even I can't comprehend the sense in that.Understand, I'm not hating, here. I'm just making some observations.

Well put Lon. Music is subjective and personal taste. As for AC/DC, rock legend category. Manson, not so much.
linkinpark232
Chuck that's your subjective and personal taste
Cheekychuck
Yes it is linkin, and you like Manson. Thats cool. Music is kinda like trying to talk religion or politics. Everyone has their own opinion and taste and thats what makes music great.
Marko1960
Life would be boring if we all liked the same thing, ‘Vive La Differance’
Twiggybass
On 16 April 2014, in response to earlier reports that the band may be retiring due to Malcolm Young being seriously ill and unable to perform, Brian Johnson commented that AC/DC are not retiring, stating “We are definitely getting together in May in Vancouver. We're going to pick up guitars, have a plonk and see if anybody has got any tunes or ideas. If anything happens we'll record it.” AC/DC subsequently announced in an official statement on their Facebook page that Malcolm Young would be taking a break from the band due to his ill health. It ended: "The band will continue to make music.
Marko1960
AC/DC NOT To SPLIT
Quote:
Why is it always Marilyn Manson? Why not Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, or Megadeth?
He's just busting your balls man lol. But, if you would like, I have many negative things to say about Dave Mustaine….

Reply to this thread