0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Songs in D standard?

linkinpark232
10 years ago
Report this message
I love this tuning ever since I got good enough to do some Nikki's bass lines from Crüe. I've even started recording my own songs in this tuning, I went from standard to D standard. Gives my music a lot darker sound! So anyone know any other bands that use D standard besides Crüe? Thanks!
Marko1960
Death, Tool, Pantera to name but three
LoudLon [moderator]
Songs:

Crash Course in Brain Surgery, The Thing That Should Not Be, Whiskey in the Jar, Sabra Cadabra, Sad But True, pretty much the entire St. Anger album (standard D, Drop C) - Metallica

Stricken (D standard, Drop C), Inside the Fire, most of the stuff off 10,000 Fists - Disturbed

Keep Away, Bad Religion, Whatever - Godsmack

Her Ghost in the Fog, Devil Woman - Cradle of Filth

Where the River Flows - Collective Soul

Lithium, Floyd the Barber - Nirvana
Quote:
Death, Tool, Pantera to name but three
Pantera is mostly drop D, not D standard.
90% of Korn's stuff is D standard
Quote:
Songs:Crash Course in Brain Surgery, The Thing That Should Not Be, Whiskey in the Jar, Sabra Cadabra, Sad But True, pretty much the entire St. Anger album (standard D, Drop C) - MetallicaStricken (D standard, Drop C), Inside the Fire, most of the stuff off 10,000 Fists - DisturbedKeep Away, Bad Religion, Whatever - GodsmackHer Ghost in the Fog, Devil Woman - Cradle of FilthWhere the River Flows - Collective SoulLithium, Floyd the Barber - Nirvana
Disturbed Is typically drop Db or drop C. I would, John Moyer and Steve “Fuzz” Kmak are two of my biggest influences.
The thing that should not be is Drop D. Cliff Burton is my jam.
linkinpark232
Quote:
Quote: Death, Tool, Pantera to name but three Pantera is mostly drop D, not D standard.90% of Korn's stuff is D standard
Korn is A standard along with the guitars. We'll I guess on 4 it's D standard
LoudLon [moderator]
The Thing That Should Not Be can be played as Drop D, yes, but a tab I saw back in the 90s (might have been Guitar World, I don't remember) showed it tuned to D-standard.

Disturbed – yeah, most of their stuff is Drop Db, but the ones I listed are D-standard, Drop C. Pretty sure most of their 10,000 Fist stuff is D-standard/Drop C but if not, I stand corrected.
10,000 Fists is about half drop C, some drop Db, some drop D, and if i'm not mistaken at the very end of Forgiven, Moyer hit a low A.
Mastodon - Blood and Thunder
LoudLon [moderator]
Ghost records and plays almost exclusively in D standard.

Reply to this thread