0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Your new year's resolution

2nick3
Quote:
So now it's legal to carry them in New York – which could mean a drop in deaths by gun, but might also result in a rise in cracked skulls by 'chucks.

Most people I know using ‘chucks (or trying to) are more likely to knock themselves senseless than someone else.

My personal favorite weapon was Sai.

“Ha ha! I will kill you, I have a sword!”
Shunk…
“No, no you don’t…”
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
In keeping with my New Year resolution, the first thing I did this morning was put on my sneakers, track pants and hoodie and set out on a three mile hike I plotted for myself, the first half of which is all uphill (I live in the Appalachians, so “uphill” is actually “upmountain” ). I made it about half a mile before I was sucking wind like a vacuum cleaner and my heart was throbbing in my ears. So, reality check time: While mentally I may still feel young and vibrant, physically I'm definitely not 21 anymore (hell, I'm twice that and then some!) so I'm going to have to pace myself instead of just throwing myself back into this whole fitness thing.

Five months later, I'm finally doing the full three miles up and down the mountain (reached that point about a month ago). I gave myself a year to lose all my extra weight (shame prevents me from divulging exactly how much, but suffice to say, it was a substantial amount). Right now, only five months in, I'm already halfway there. Which means if I keep up this pace (and I intend to) I'll meet my goal with a couple months to spare. I'm looking better, feeling better and, thanks to all the walking, my calves are popping like crazy. We had a big family reunion over this past Memorial Day Weekend and relatives I haven't seen in a year or two didn't even recognize me. It's a great feeling. Losing weight, I mean, not people not recognizing me lol

Anyone else kept up with their New Year's resolution?
2nick3
Quote:
It's a great feeling. Losing weight, I mean, not people not recognizing me lolAnyone else kept up with their New Year's resolution?

I actually like being anonymous and unacknowledged - I am a bass player, after all!

My bass resolution was to play at least 15-20 minutes every day. I'm around 50% on that, but a lot of the misses were due to my job and the associated travel. I'm finally hitting a routine with work where I play daily when I'm home, and I will neither confirm nor deny allegations that when traveling I have picked hotels due to their proximity to a guitar store.
IamMark
I don't make resolutions anymore. That way I never break them.
i don't think i made one, but if i did i've probably broken it
LoudLon [moderator]
That's the spirit, fellas!

Reply to this thread