0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

cheapest, best bass you've played

mr zee

Had a go on one of these also. Guild 30something. Not the nicest looking!!!!
Yamaha RBX250 bought from Goodwill for $35. One of the best basses I have played only topped by a 64 P-bass and an Ibanez prestige series 6 string.
(Tried and failed to upload a photograph.)
I'm currently playing an Ibanez TMB-100MMG, an entry level bass ($199 new). Before that I owned a Squier Classic Vibes 60s, which I payed $349 for (had to sell it due to financial difficulties). I actually like the look, feel, and sound of the Ibanez more. The guy that repairs and sets up my instruments got rid of any indication of it being a cheap bass (filed down sharp frets, fixed scratchy pots etc.). Feels like I payed 2x more than what I actually spent on it now.
Some of you have seen my cheapest bass many times. It's a Chinese P-Bass copy that I bought second hand for far less than $100. I optimized it for small money. It still puts a smile on my face. Here's a video about my white P-Bass “REBEL”.
johnny880
Quote:
I'm currently playing an Ibanez TMB-100MMG, an entry level bass ($199 new). Before that I owned a Squier Classic Vibes 60s, which I payed $349 for (had to sell it due to financial difficulties). I actually like the look, feel, and sound of the Ibanez more. The guy that repairs and sets up my instruments got rid of any indication of it being a cheap bass (filed down sharp frets, fixed scratchy pots etc.). Feels like I payed 2x more than what I actually spent on it now.
I had a Talman. I really liked it. However I found it really heavy for me and traded it for a fender mustang. Nice bass though. Nothing wrong with it. Except the weight for me. The cheapest bass was a fender jaguar I bought for my brother for his birthday. 200.00 Canadian. Everything is expensive here. He has small hands and has trouble fretting a full size bass. That thing kicked ass right out of the box. No setup and still has original strings. If its not broke don't fix it ! That's what turned me onto short scale basses and why I bought the mustang from playing his jaguar. You can rip on a short scale that is difficult to do on a regular bass. So I go back and forth.
mr zee
Quote:
Some of you have seen my cheapest bass many times. It's a Chinese P-Bass copy that I bought second hand for far less than $100. I optimized it for small money. It still puts a smile on my face. Here's a video about my white P-Bass “REBEL”.

This is my cheap P bass copy

I bought it new, its a Harley Benton refit with all black parts, decent pups n pots.
2nick3
I'm going to have to nominate my new-to-me Peavey Fury. One of the later US made ones, and it's a dream to play and sounds great, even before I've done a cleanup/setup on it. For less than half of what a used MIM Fender P-Bass would run, too!

Reply to this thread