0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Favorite bass and reason?

Quote:
The only thing wrong with the Thunderbird is it looks like a Chimpanzee designed it!A blind Chimpanzee with two broken arms!!

That is no way to talk about your ancestor

Bet that chimp would be a hell of a bass player if his arms worked. Bosh!
IamMark
Mine would have to be the Fender P-Bass. Such a versatile bass that can be played across all genres.

Reliable and simple.

Although, I'm not a fan of seeing a P-bass with the bridge and string covers.
Marko1960
Yeah, the covers were a really crap idea
ESP LTD F series. Used to own F-154/155 and now I have F-414/415. Good for metal and love the shape. As far as I know the 400's are the highest numbered F basses that ESP has come out with.

http://www.espguitars.com/products/9178-f-414fm-stbc?category_id=1964638-bass-clearance

http://www.espguitars.com/products/9894-f-415fm-stblk?category_id=1963374-f-series-2
MotorMog
Fave bass is the “one” i currently own at the time

I sell one and buy one every 12-18 months or so and keep switching styles jags,p,pj,tbirds. …

At the moment it's a Squier Chris Aiken P Bass ,did change the horrible mirror guard to black though

Wouldn't want an instrument that I was too scared to play under the influence in our jam band without damaging so the higher end epiphones and Squiers do the job

But another +1 for the tbird pro would definitely get another one of those

Why an amateur playing for fun would want to spend silly money for a look at me head decal is beyond my comprehension
Leiria
Quote:
The only thing wrong with the Thunderbird is it looks like a Chimpanzee designed it!A blind Chimpanzee with two broken arms!!
That chimpanzee was called Raymond Dietrich. Look it up.
Marko1960
Posh name for a Chimp
Many basses could be my favorite, but among the basses I own, it's the G&L Tribute L2000. Flawless, affordable versatility. Bonus: a fat neck that fits my hands.
Goll65
Quote:
Just remembered, the best bass ive ever owned, and i've had a few, was a Hohner B2 Steinberger copy. All maple with thru neck, headless with double ball end strings, it NEVER went out of tune, and two EMG Selects, i've never been able to get that tone again. I only parted with it cos people were saying they arent very trendy any more, wish I'd took no notice

i HAVE ONE OF THOSE ALSO, JUST SO SMALL AND EASY TO PLAY. THIS LAST CHRISTMAS I BOUGHT AN ACTUAL STEINBERGER 5 STRING, VERY NICE ALSO.
Goll65
Quote:
Epiphone Thunderbird Classic Pro IV. Really cheap for what it is, comes out of the box without anything that needs modding and sounds like something worth more than double the price (if you put it through the right amp with some good strings). I know some other members agree that it's good but not sure if anyone else would call it favorite. I haven't really tried that many basses but from those that I did try this is by far my favorite.

i dont have an epiphone bass, but i wanted a decent guitar a while back so i asked a guitar player friend what he recommended. HEsaid epiphones, so i got one. they are good quality at a good price.

Reply to this thread