0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Upgrading my cheap P-Bass copy

Marko1960
I wanted to build a headless but the cost of, and availability of a Stienberger style bridge and top anchor put me off
Standard tuners can be used. It depends on the design of the bass. I could make the top anchor and nut combination from brass.
IamMark
I don't like pick guards, but that new combination on a p bass looks pretty slick Jay.
Quote:
I don't like pick guards, but that new combination on a p bass looks pretty slick Jay.
Whether you like pick guards or not, a P-Bass can't do without. My other basses don't have pick guards. I think it's a matter of design and taste. I like both. The P-Bass is the ultimate boys toy. Boutique basses are on the other side of the scale.
Marko1960
That thing with the tuners on the back loses the advantage of double ball end screws, I had a Hohner Stiennerger copy and it never went out of tune..like NEVER
Quote:
That thing with the tuners on the back loses the advantage of double ball end screws, I had a Hohner Stiennerger copy and it never went out of tune..like NEVER
That goes for my old Ibby too. Tuned BEAD with fat Ernie Ball flatwounds, it's rock stable. I guess it's a lucky combination of materials?

Reply to this thread