0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Congratulations, Johnny!

Marko1960
Where are you from Sid?
johnny [staff]
Quote:
Nice cake. You live in Slovakia, right? What sort of rituals do you do at weddings there?

As Sid said - Slovenia. The typical slovenian wedding has a shitload of traditions that I didn't follow. I just had a simple picnic wedding performed by a state official. We ate lots of food and sang karaoke in the evening.
Sidsquishus
Quote:
Where are you from Sid?

I'm a mullah in Iran. Playing bass is a nice break from shouting Marg barg amricka.
IamMark
Quote:
Nope. Slovenia. On the Adriatic. Used to be part of Yugoslavia (which is why Magnifico's cover of House of the Rising Sun is potent).Slovakia is in central Europe, next to Czech Republic. It used to be Czechoslovakia.You're from the USA, right Mark?
Yes, USA. In Virginia to be exact.

I meant Slovenia, but I think I tried to spell it “Slovania” and my stupid phone auto-corrected it to Slovakia.
TheDude [staff]
Quote:
Nope. Slovenia. On the Adriatic. Used to be part of Yugoslavia (which is why Magnifico's cover of House of the Rising Sun is potent).

i'm impressed that you know magnifico's work! i love that guy, went to his concert around newyears and it was awesome!
johnny [staff]
I posted his song in the “bands you probably don't know” thread
Sidsquishus
Yes, it was Johnny's doing. (Thanks Johnny!) I liked his land of champions (rising sun cover). I checked out a few more on YOuTube and like the video (pretty ladies!) but not the other songs so much. But the lyric and video for champions I like a lot!
johnny [staff]
he changed his style quite a few times you should check out the album grande finale - its the one with land of champions, great album - balkan mariachi style
TheDude [staff]
true, but most of the lyrics are slovene / serbian, so i doubt you'll enjoy them very much. quality music, though.
Marko1960
Ok Sid, so you don't want to tell us where you're from which means you must be from France…dont blame you

Reply to this thread