0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Duran Duran Bass Tabs

well looks like I'm gettin to work on Sunset garage then
Hugorj
Nice xXFireBladeXx, It will be very cool to have your help here in the thread
Sidsquishus
We can try to help if you like. If you work out the Intro, for example, you can post it here and people can check it to see if it sounds right. Good luck, and welcome!
Hugorj
Yes, post your tab parts here and we can check together
alrighty, I pretty much have to intro/verses done, I just have no idea how to write it in tab form
Sidsquishus
Thanks Hugorj. I like What Are The Chances. Cheers
Sidsquishus
What do you think of this for Paper Gods, 1:24 - 1:41?

Tabs:
bass in 1:24 x2
G:||--------------------------------|--------------------------------||
D:||----12------12------------------|--------------------------------|| (tens and
A:||--------------------------------|--------------------------------|| twelves)
E:||1010----10------10\---------1010|10------10------10\-------------||
1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &

G:|--------------------------------|--------------------------------|
D:|----10------10------------------|--------------------------------|
A:|--------------------------------|--------------------------------|
E:|8-8-----8-------8\----------8-8-|8-------8-------8\--------------|

G:|--------------------------------|--------------------------------|
D:|----7-------7-------------------|--------------------------------|
A:|--------------------------------|--------------------------------|
E:|5-5-----5-------5\----------5-5-|5-------5-------5\--------------|
Sidsquishus
Quote:
alrighty, I pretty much have to intro/verses done, I just have no idea how to write it in tab form

There have been multiple posts suggesting how to do this - I know I wrote one some years ago and I think LoudLon has done one as well. I was not able to find them using the Forum Search tool however. Perhaps you can?

I can't find Sunset Garage on YouTube, so I don't have a way to listen to this song.
Hugorj
Quote:
What do you think of this for Paper Gods, 1:24 - 1:41? Tabs: bass in 1:24 x2G:||--------------------------------|--------------------------------||D:||----12------12------------------|--------------------------------|| (tens andA:||--------------------------------|--------------------------------|| twelves)E:||1010----10------10\---------1010|10------10------10\-------------|| 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &G:|--------------------------------|--------------------------------|D:|----10------10------------------|--------------------------------|A:|--------------------------------|--------------------------------|E:|8-8-----8-------8\----------8-8-|8-------8-------8\--------------| 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &G:|--------------------------------|--------------------------------|D:|----7-------7-------------------|--------------------------------|A:|--------------------------------|--------------------------------|E:|5-5-----5-------5\----------5-5-|5-------5-------5\--------------| 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &

Perfect, Sid!!
Sidsquishus
Thanks Hugorj. This one (Paper Gods) is rhythmically difficult for me at present - I'm having a hard time coming in before the 1 count in the second measures. I need to play it more without these two early notes and get the feel down, then try to add in the early notes.

Also, the sound is harder to hear. Usually, when I find the right note, it is clear to my ear that it is the right note. In this song, it is not this way. I was pretty sure of the D that starts the riff and especially the A that ends it, but in between, I was not sure it was a C. So thank you for the feedback!

Reply to this thread