0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Anyone out there like Culture Club?

Twiggybass
This is a fun doc that must be seen for all the fans.
Marko1960
Ok, so we've ascertained everyone's gender, can we get back to talking bass which is our one, common denominator
LoudLon [moderator]
It's a Culture Club thread, bro. If folks want to rap about Boy George's wardrobe selection, I can't imagine a more appropriate thread in which to do so.

Incidentally, participation in any given thread is completely voluntary. If you're not a fan, you're not required to post in it.
Marko1960
K
Twiggybass
Thank you, ihatemindlessmorons

A friend of mine asked me to fill in on bass for him and I did. I changed my usual stage person to dress up like George, It got me some looks yes , One person asked me “What parts do you have?”
That was back in 2002 and I still have the derby hat that I wore to this day.

Since people have become more tolerant in this day and age in regards to sexuality, back then was so much more different, you would still get looks now because…people don't dress like that anymore and haven't for 30 years.
You would spark it all over again if you were to go out in a band dressed “weird” or “strange” or “flamboyant”, it would spark media news outlets and social media. However, If you want to dress up or have fun, I don't believe you have to wait until Halloween, like some people would say, to dress up or be free or do whatever you want.

My usual outfit is my glam rocker outfit that i have worn for almost 25 years on stages. Spikes, Leather and all.
As a bassist, i have been on a stage where people looked at me in shock, “We haven't seen that for a long time”.
What ever it was, “I always wanted to be weird”

As for advice, I would say it's whatever you want. The “Christmas Tree” comment is a complaint.
If people want to see photos, i will post them. Only if i get more than five people saying “Yes post them”
Go for it Twiggy. Boy George was pretty cutting edge in the 80's. You just didn't see someone that dressed like that. The music was solid and the look got attention.
LoudLon [moderator]
It paid to be outlandish in the '80s. It was the decade of excess, so to stand out you really had to take it up a notch lol
Twiggybass

This was the song that gave me so much inspiration and here i still listen to it thirty years later.

Thank you Cheekychuck
That's one, 4 more to go.

That was just it, you didn't see someone dressed like that back then and he was the only one that did. And It wasn't because he was gay that he wanted to dress like that, it was because he wanted to weird and it got him all the attention. I thought it was awesome. The fact that he had a great soulful voice and looked pretty badass made me want to do the same, so i did.

I remember when Karma Chameleon came on MTV in 1982 and it shocked everyone but i remember seeing him and saying “Wow, he's pretty cool”

Twiggybass
That's true Lon. Even George succumbed to excess after some time.
Twiggybass
I think if the 80's were to come back, i don't know how i would feel. Would it be the same?
Culture Club is back in the spotlight after all these years.

Reply to this thread