0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Finding band members?

LoudLon [moderator]
Used to be I'd just go into a music shop, pick up an instrument, start playing it and watch to see whose ears would perk up. If they dug what I was playing, I'd strike up a conversation and usually end up jamming together for a bit.

Living where I do now, though – so far out in the sticks – there's only one music shop around, it's hardly ever open and the ads I see on Bandmix for other musicians in my neck of the woods…to say we have very little in common is an understatement. Mostly southern rock, which I have next to no interest in, or pop music, which I also have very little interest in. When I picked up my most recent bass I started playing Rollins Band, then some Nirvana, and other guys in the store were like “Rollins who?” and “Lounge Act? Never heard of it. Hey, play Come as You Are.”
MotorMog
Found my band mate's thanks to my Mrs.
My wife runs a local preschool in our village and mentioned to a work colleague that I was having a mid life crisis and had decided to pick up the bass again after a 20 year absence!
So a husband of a co-worker and a parent of one of the kids she looked after where in a similar situation.
And now 3 years down the line we are still playing together and making a right old racket
just got back from our fortnightly village hall session drunk, deaf and smiling.

IamMark
Schoolhouse Rock
Leiria
How is a cartoon going to help me find a band?
MotorMog

Reckon i did get really lucky finding band mate's of a similar age 40+ and agreeing on the direction we wanted was to cover classic brit punk and early motorhead tunes.

Also feel very blessed indeed growing up in the 70/80's with the abundance of awesome tunes

purplez
Quote:
just get a loop pedal! people are dumb!technology's smart!

Hmm interesting.. be the band myself.!
Youri
Go to a music school and speak with the teachers, also ask your musician friends to ask around them
I've been looking for people to join my band for a while now. I mean, at the moment, it's just me on bass, but I'm looking to form maybe a power trio or something like that. Need a lead guitarist, a drummer, and maybe some female backup vocals to supplement my low singing tone. I think I may have the backup vocal thing covered (by using Vocaloid or something similar), but I need to find someone on guitar and someone who's great with drums.

Reply to this thread