0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Show your videos on YouTube

Drop(1)F# is the lowest tuning ive ever used, I probably wasn't set up correctly because there was fret buzz on my end which fortunately didn't come through in the video. Intonation for the low F# was as close as I could get it, the saddle wouldn't move back any further. I missed a few notes at the very end because of my cat.
fancyg

^ Glad you posted your work. I really dig your playing style.
Cover number 400…
Quote:
Drop(1)F# is the lowest tuning ive ever used, I probably wasn't set up correctly because there was fret buzz on my end which fortunately didn't come through in the video. Intonation for the low F# was as close as I could get it, the saddle wouldn't move back any further. I missed a few notes at the very end because of my cat.
I guess the buzz is caused by lack of tension. If I tune that low, I release the trussrod a bit to get some relief halfway the neck.
Quote:
I guess the buzz is caused by lack of tension. If I tune that low, I release the trussrod a bit to get some relief halfway the neck.

The other strings were doing it not the low F#. The song could technically be done on a four string in C# standard but it may not sound right. It only used the low F# for a few open notes in the outro. The method I use to set my basses up said neck relief was ok. I think the problem may have just been incorrect fretting on my part. Some of the spans your hand has to cover are a little much for my three fingers. People who have met Orion (Behemoth's bassist) say he has big hands so for him riffs like this are probably nothing.
That's where size does matter.
You know what? It's an honour to play along with the Queen of Rock!
Punk Rock Girls by the Dollyrots. Another female singer and bass player.
Slash featuring Lemmy

Reply to this thread