0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

halloween

LoudLon [moderator]
We're still finalizing it but I'll post it up here once we're finished. It's normally around 30 movies, but we may have a few more this year. And the fest runs around the clock, so you could drop in any time. The only thing is, you have to supply your own copies of the movies. We try to keep it to stuff that's readily available on Youtube or Stagevu because obviously, nobody has on DVD, Blu Ray of VHS every movie that ends up on the list – not to mention there will always be a couple that aren't openly available for streaming. And while we don't encourage torrenting, how a person gets their copy of any given movie is no one's business but theirs.
IamMark
I'm not anti Halloween. I enjoy my kids participating, and it seems like a good holiday to get smashed.

I just don't get excited about it, nor is it a day I really look forward to.
mszzzi
It is my favorite holiday. My costume for friday will be a jianshi (chinese hopping ghost/vampire). I made the robe for it years ago, haven't worn it since then. I've got a gig on halloween night and the other costume I have is polyester or something and gets too warm (when I bought it, the package said disciplinarian, but it makes me think more of ilsa she wolf of the ss and iron sky…haha). So I figured the jiangshi outfit would be better/more comfortable to play in, since its a robe I can wear over other clothes.
LoudLon [moderator]
mszzzi – ever seen the Hong Kong flick Mr. Vampire? Great gyonshi (or jianshi, or however you care to spell it) flick.
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
Don't want to skype while watching, but I'd sure be interested in seeing the playlist

Okay, this is pretty much locked in now. All times are EST:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkPY9qIKUvi3dHRnWGI4RmxINnBEQV9FMHp5MzFhb0E&richtext=true#gid=0
mszzzi
Loudlon - I've seen Mr. Vampire, mr. Vampire 2, and New Mr. Vampire. I think kung fu from beyond the grave also has them (and count dracula) in it.
LoudLon [moderator]
Don't forget Encounter of the Spooky Kind (features a scene with Sammo Hung kung fu-fighting a hopping vampire).

Reply to this thread