0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Different Tunings

Cheekychuck
but that's a hassle for one song.

Thats kinda the point. If you're in a band and playing covers, you have to tune in between song while the singer is yapping. I'm currently a basement jammer and just playing tunes I like. Seems trivial for one song. Lon had a good point in grouping them. I might try that.
linkinpark232
Oh it's definitely a hassle. That's a lot of trying to get the tuning perfect at A standard. But it's always worth it. Most of the originals I've wrote are in D or E standard so it's right in the mix
just3boyz
You can try figuring out how to play it without tuning your bass. it's kind of a pain and you can't get the really low notes that tuning it differently offers, but it's a good thing to practice. there's always more than one way to play something. i like to play “Spiders” by System of a down like this:

Tabs:
G|----7-----7---------------------|----7-----7---------------------|
D|----------------10----10----10--|----------------10----10----10--|
A|--------------------------------|--------------------------------|
E|8-------8-----8-----8-----8---8-|8-------8-----8-----8-----8---8-|
|1 e + a 2 e + a 3 e + a 4 e + a |1 e + a 2 e + a 3 e + a 4 e + a |

G|----8-----7-----10----8-----7h8-|----7-----7---------------------|
D|--------------------------------|----------------10----10----10--|
A|--------------------------------|--------------------------------|
E|8-------8-----8-----8-----8-----|8-------8-----8-----8-----8---8-|
|1 e + a 2 e + a 3 e + a 4 e + a |1 e + a 2 e + a 3 e + a 4 e + a |

It's harder to play, but I don't have to tune my Bass and it's a good exercise for my hands.
Marko1960
I have three basses, but my next project, which is still on the drawing board! will have a Steinberger D/B bridge which has a lever so you can instantly dop to D or B, it's also a headless design using double ball end strings maintaining perfect tuning every time

Reply to this thread