0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Effects Pedals

boppa
10 years ago
Report this message
Thinking about a chorus pedal and a fuzz pedal. Any advice?

I thank you all in advance, you are awesome!

Boppa
just3boyz
I use a chorus pedal a lot! It's great for adding presence and density! I use the boss bass chorus. It's a great pedal but you should shop around and find one that you personally like. I can't really say anything about fuZz but I would definitely recommend getting a chorus pedal. I would also recommend getting an octave pedal!
boppa
I would like to hear about the octave pedal.

Thank you.

Boppa
Sidsquishus
Hi Boppa,
I also use a chorus pedal - it is my favorite effect. As just3boyz said, do some research to find out which brand and model would work for you. A good place to do that research is on talkbass.com. Three chorus pedals that you should include in your search are the MXR bass chorus deluxe, Tech 21 bass boost chorus, and the Empress Effects Nebulus. The chorus pedal I have is the T-Rex sweeper. It is good, but the other three offer more control over the sound you get from the pedal.

I have an MXR bass fuzz deluxe - it is OK. There are a billion ‘dirt’ (overdrive, fuzz, distortion) pedals out there so you'll have plenty to think about as you search for the dirt pedal that works for you. A brilliant overdrive pedal is the Beta made by Solidgold Effects.

I also have an MXR bass octave deluxe, and want to sell it. If you are interested, send me a pm. Octave pedals have a ‘synthy’ sound to them IMO and I don't want my bass sounding like that. I got the octave pedal so I could go lower than the open E but I don't like the keyboardy sound. I got a five string bass to replace the octave pedal and much prefer it to any octave pedal I have heard.
Cheers.

Marko1960
The Line 6 Bass Pod is pretty cool
just3boyz
I use the POG octave. I have the sub octave set pretty high so I could play my lines up the octave when the guitarist was soloing. This eliminated that emptiness you get sometimes when playing Ina trio. And some chorus and some fuzz and you will have an absolutely huge sound!
boppa
I borrowed my son's Peavey amp, with chorus and reverb. I like the chorus effect, but still need to dial in depth and rate. It has a reverb, which just destroys everything. I think the circuit may have failed.

Since he will eventually want it back, I think I am going to go with the chorus pedal and a fuzz. I still am not clear on what an octave pedal would give me, though I like the idea of having a pedal board with lots of options.

Thanks again, you have been very helpful

Boppa Fil
just3boyz
i have the elctro-harmonics POG octave pedal . it has three knobs. one that controls how loud your dry signal is, one for how loud the octave below the note you're playing is and a knob for how loud the octave above the note you're playing is. i use this pedal all the time because it takes one note a potentially makes it three. it gives your bass a very full sound. you obviously don't need it. i just find it to be very usefull for keeping the overall sound full and present.
Youri
I would recommend Electro Harmonix for the fuzz pedal
IamMark
I use the Achiles Metronome.

It's pretty reliable except when I drink a lot.
just3boyz
If you're interested in a delay pedal, i would definitely recommend th line 6 DL4. It's tons of different types of delays, a tap tempo function (which makes it really easy to set the delay time) and a loop function.

Reply to this thread