0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

New strings

linkinpark232
Guess what. There's something called EQ. I play Slayer stuff easy with new strings, so yeah you're the only one. #EQ
linkinpark232
The next octave up? What the hell?
lol i wanted to see if it would work
answer yes up until low e
Sidsquishus
Doing this with regular (e.g. .045 - .105) bass strings sounds like a good way to mess up your bass neck - way too much tension, I should think.

But you're not the first to want to try this, which is why they make piccolo bass strings:

http://search.juststrings.com/search?catalog=juststrings&query=piccolo+bass+strings

A piccolo bass tunes an octave higher than standard bass tuning.
im going to try those lol. and i wasnt going to leave it tuned there just wanted to hear it. however like i said im shocked i didnt hurt anything. my tuning peg took out a .105 low e and didnt even flinch
Sidsquishus
Glad you didn't break anything!
linkinpark232
Sid would a heavier gauge E string be able to drop to A? I don't really feel like filing the nut, like I did my other bass, to fit a B string
uh… why dont you just swap the nut? they cost like 5 bux and its just held in with a bit o glue
Quote:
Sid would a heavier gauge E string be able to drop to A? I don't really feel like filing the nut, like I did my other bass, to fit a B string
I think a .110 works great for drop tunings.

Reply to this thread