0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Storage

Leiria
10 years ago
Report this message
How do I store my bass without a case? Should I lay it down or lean it against a wall (this is only for a couple of days)
DANNYBASSMAN93 [top submitter]
Well i keep it in a bag or on a stand, if you can buy a wall stand at a music store all you need is a powerdrill two screws and that piece and you can hang it on your wall no problems at all.

Leiria
Quote:
Well i keep it in a bag or on a stand, if you can buy a wall stand at a music store all you need is a powerdrill two screws and that piece and you can hang it on your wall no problems at all.
I know, but I am staying at a friends house and dont have any of those. Not even my bag.
LoudLon [moderator]
If you can, lay it face-down under the bed or somewhere out of the way.
DANNYBASSMAN93 [top submitter]
Yeah keep it asway from windows and sunlight if you can find something to wrap it with and store it in a closet or under the bed like lon suggested or a closed garage, if theres a basement or attic even better
LoudLon [moderator]
Word. Just somewhere where it's not too hot or too cold. And don't just lean it against the wall. I have friends who lean their guitars against walls or desks or what-have you, face-first and angled so that the weight is on the headstock – yet they bitch when they find themselves having to frequently re-tune. Which is why I suggested face-first on the floor. There's no pressure on the neck that way, so no worry about it warping or stretching your strings.

Reply to this thread