0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Who's your favorite bassist and why?

im all about jacko
fab4x
John Taylor … Duran Duran
First post here.

-Les Claypool because…well, LISTEN to the man play!

-Bootsy Collins because NO ONE can bend a bass note like Bootsy

-Chris Squire because he's tight within the group and would make this list just based on “Roundabout”

-Geddy Lee because it takes a hell of a bassist to keep up with Neil Peart…while SINGING!

-Bill Evans who needs no reason other than his work.
Darn. Forgot Larry Graham.

It's hard to narrow it down, isn't it?
jeff
Rick Danko…..The effortless way he got around the fretboard and sang.
Spend a little time listening to THE BAND and you'll hear what I'm talking about.
Left the planet way to soon.
BassAce
Jack Bruce, riffmiester extraordinaire, Andy Rourke, Carlos Dengler, John Entwhistle and Ronnie Wood is a damn fine bassist
tbear33
Rudy Sarzo… been my fav seen i first saw him in 82… and have seen him with QR, BOC and ozzy… awesome guy to talk to as well, jsut dig the vibe… also really enjoy randy coven
icehouse1
Guy Pratt. Main reason Icehouse but he has played for Pink Floyd & you gotta be good to get in that band.
Dee Dee Ramone
Matrim
gotta love the eternal Victor Wooten. plays his bass like a guitar, better than pretty much any guitarists. in a close second place, Sean Baisely. the fact he can shred a bass at a faster pace than the guitarist of his band, AND do badass sweeps and slap grooves at a pace of 300+ BPM… well that just says a lot for the guy, if just for his stamina and speed alone.

Reply to this thread