0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Fieldy of KoRn gets too much shit

linkinpark232
I've got Fieldy's book and he was the one who forced people to listen to them and produce them. He was gonna produce them himself but he didn't have the time
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
Lon I was one of the biggest Korn fans for 4 years, I said “And sadly influenced Limp Bizkit.” No where does that say “Influenced by”.Johnny I wouldn't call Faith No More nu-metal… at all

I mis-read it. Sorry.

That said, I dig Korn. I can't think off-hand of any kind of backlash or disrespect toward the band. Though many joked about the one guy quitting after finding religion – hey, more power to him, IMO. Is that the guy you're referring to? I like them but I don't know all their names.
LoudLon [moderator]
As for Faith No More, those guys were nu metal before nu metal even had a name. If bands like Korn and Limp Bizkit owe anybody, it's Faith No More.
linkinpark232
I'd call FNM the creators of alternative metal. And the guitarist that left was Brian Head Welch. I went on the reunion tour last year. However I'm talking bout Fieldy the bassist who actually stayed in the band after finding out how to get his life together. I mean, he tried killing his wife in a hotel room
LoudLon [moderator]
There was alt-metal way before FNM. But I'm not much for labeling stuff. Alt-metal, nu metal, black metal, death metal, heavy metal, shock rock/shock metal, blah blah friggin' blah. I don't care what anyone calls it, I only care if I like it.
LoudLon [moderator]
Never heard about the guy trying to kill his wife. If he got his life together, awesome. Can't really say I care either way, though. Again, I only care if I like the music. What a musician does on their own time is none of my concern.
linkinpark232
Well I worded that wrong. It was more of an “accidental oh I almost killed you”. Lol I don't remember why but he started hitting her and everything then threw her on the couch, forced a pillow over her face. He didn't realize he made her pass out, so it wasn't an intentional killing attempt
linkinpark232
Yeah I get sick of labeling also. I rarely clarify what specific genre a band is because to me if it's death metal, industrial metal, nu-metal, speed metal, and so on it's all metal.
Marko1960
Musics music to me, too many pigeon holes these days
I personally like Fieldy, I think he deserves way more credit than people give him,Davis is a tool and a bit over-rated in my opinion, but that's just me.

Reply to this thread