0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

String types

Strathadam
Had been using stock Fender NPS on my short-scale Jaguar, and recently switched to GHS Bass Boomers. Really like the deeper, beefier tone as well as the added punch volume-wise. The added sustain is also nice, though I will say they're less forgiving when it comes to imprecise fingering.
Bazz
PFFFT you're not a bassist! short-scale?? gimme a break if you are too tiny to play bass, dont play one cut down, do you wear childrens clothes too?
Strathadam
As one of my former sergeant-majors used to be fond of saying, “Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups.”. Just because the Jag is the one I mentioned definitely does not mean it's the only one I own.
Sidsquishus
Quote:
PFFFT you're not a bassist! short-scale?? gimme a break if you are too tiny to play bass, dont play one cut down, do you wear childrens clothes too?

We don't need comments like this. If you can't be helpful, go elsewhere, or at least keep it shut. Nothing wrong with a short-scale bass.
TheDude [staff]
Quote:
easy there, tiger. this is a friendly place, no reason to get your panties in a bunch.

to each their own!
I just picked up a short scale Fender BG32 acoustic and it desperately needs new strings, any suggestions?!? Thanks!
Sidsquishus
Sorry - I'm no help. I've never played an acoustic bass.
Sidsquishus
Quote:
I just picked up a short scale Fender BG32 acoustic and it desperately needs new strings, any suggestions?!? Thanks!

A bit of time on TalkBass has me thinking I'd look into Thomastik-Infeld Acousticore stings. They're designed for an acoustic bass, not an electric.

Cheers
Find you some nice flatwound. They are a bit mire expensive but feel and sound amazing
I recently purchased a Fender blacktop series jazz bass. Any suggestions as to a good set of strings to keep on stand by? I'm just learning and will be playing with the praise team at church.

Reply to this thread