0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

The introductions thread!

IamMark
Welcome! Your membership card to the Middle-Aged Bass Players Club is in the mail.

We're a growing group of salty, curmudgeons.
2nick3
Quote:
Welcome! Your membership card to the Middle-Aged Bass Players Club is in the mail.We're a growing group of salty, curmudgeons.

I call the band name “The Salty Curmudgeons”!!
Howdy my names Dave but call me Doc an old nick name from my Air Force days. I currently own a CB precision bass it cost less than $60.00 bucks on Amazon. I used to play quite a bit but when kids came along I took a break for like 18 years. Now the oldest is getting ready for college so I figure it is time to start again. I am very rusty but looking forward to getting my chops back.
Guinny
Hey Doc, welcome!
LoudLon [moderator]
Welcome to a fellow vet (Army here). Hope you find the place useful.
Welcome!
mr zee
Nar then, I'm mister Zee joined the site baht 3 week sin. WAS in bands from late 70s to mid 90s at which point decided mi kids came first and sold up. Anyway a couple a year sin daughter asked what I wanted for birthday to which I blurted out A BASS. To cut a long story short I now have 5(all copies) of the basses I owned over the years. cant read music and the only quaver I know is a cheese one. Don't intend/form band but I'm trying to learn as many tunes as poss and put the tabs on this site cos some where like this is a lifeline to young an old alike to get to grips with their musical ability. My next tab will be la folie if I can figure out how to put it down(fretless) as some of notes are only a finger width apart any help on how to would be a bonus. Cheers si thi. PS From leeds in uk
mr zee
have started a folie tab don't know if it looks right what do you splendid gents think
mr zee
torsed it off it was naff
Hey there guys, i'm kinda new here. Got my bass three years ago, but stoped practicing after some time because of lack of time. Now i'm back at it and plan to learn to play it well enough to join a band.
Any way glad to be a part of community!

Reply to this thread