0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Playing with Fingers or a pick?

bossfrog
How about neither? I use the edge of my thumb, ala Sting.
LoudLon [moderator]
Start off with slower paced songs with fewer notes. The more you practice, the faster and more accurate your fingers will get. It may be slow going at first but eventually you'll be Cliff Burtoning all over the place.
Twiggybass
practice will do it. Lon is the master because that is excatly what i did in the same fashion.

linkinpark232
Quote:
Start off with slower paced songs with fewer notes. The more you practice, the faster and more accurate your fingers will get. It may be slow going at first but eventually you'll be Cliff Burtoning all over the place.

Cliff's lines are so much easier without a pick. I don't know why Newsted was such a bastard and played them with a pick.
Twiggybass
i didn't even know he played with a pick and cliff burton was quite the bassist
Quote:
i didn't even know he played with a pick and cliff burton was quite the bassist
Listen to the opening line on the god that failed. you can tell by the tone.
LoudLon [moderator]
I can't recall Cliff Burton using a pick. I'm not saying he didn't, just that I don't remember him doing so. Any footage I've seen with him, he's playing finger style.

But Newsted, yeah, he was a pick guy. Hey, whatever works. It all comes down to the individual.
Twiggybass
I suppose so but i cannot see burton as a pick guy. i just couldn't believe it unless i saw a video
Quote:
I suppose so but i cannot see burton as a pick guy. i just couldn't believe it unless i saw a video
There is not a single chance in hell that Cliff ever used a pick.
Twiggybass
thats what i thought. thank you for confirming that. i could never see him using a pick

Reply to this thread