0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Playing with Fingers or a pick?

IamMark
Don't the guys from ZZ Top use quarters for picks?

I heard that somewhere.
linkinpark232
Mark I've heard of some band doing it, not sure who
Twiggybass
it was talked about by Flea from RHCP but i cannot remember who he said did it. but dusty hill ALWAYS plys with his fingers.
linkinpark232
Really? Because I've got the Big 4 DVD, spent 30 fucking dollars and it's not even great, and I've never seen them lose picks. Seen all the first 3 bands, no way I'm sitting through Metallica
LoudLon [moderator]
I didn't bring up Metallica just so you could bash them, little brother. I was merely citing them as an example.

At any rate, try to get your hands on cut footage from some concerts. Many times when a player loses a pick or fucks up a song, they edit around it afterward. But I assure you, it does happen. I saw Van Halen in ‘92 and Hagar lost at least two picks that I can remember, one of them when he and Eddie were having a guitar duel (Hagar’s no slouch himself, y'know).
linkinpark232
David Lee Roth was so much better. But the only good album of theirs was Van Halen. It reminds me of Guns N Roses. And I brought up Metallica because if you would've given me an example of theirs to see the pick thing I was saying I wouldn't watch it
LoudLon [moderator]
Yes, I know you wouldn't watch it. You hate Metallica. I know this, because you say so every time they come up. Without fail. The mere mention of their name is like kerosene-coated kindling for your little pubescent bonfire of hatred upon which you throw anything not related to Marilyn Manson.

And what's that you say? “The only good album of theirs was Van Halen?” How's about this: the next time your parents take you to the mall, skip the Hot Topic and go buy a clue instead.

Only one good VH album, he says. Right, and Marilyn Monroe only had one good tit…
linkinpark232
I don't have Hot Topic at my mall. Instead of wasting money on clothes I buy CDs or records. Van Halen sucks. 1984 wasn't even that good of an album. They changed too fast. The only reason I still like Megadeth is because they ease into different types of music. From Van Halen to 1984 is like Megadeth jumping from Peace Sells to Risk
linkinpark232
My mistake VH2 was also good
Twiggybass
wow lol. what to say to this. all players will lose theirs pick one or twice or maybe a hundred times. i have lost picks fall into my acoustic guitar and i play bass with a pick for very few songs including.

Venice Queen by RHCP and the only reason i do is because it is the way flea plays. he actually plays Venice Queen with a pick.
and the other band is any bass player who plays with a pick for the song i will do the same.
but the point os i was playing The River by good Charlottee today and i lost my pick. it slipped right out of my hand.

As for Metallica i am NOT the worlds biggest Metallica fan. In fact i like maybe two songs from them but…I respect them sooo much as the muscians they are. Robert Trulijjo, is NOT my favourite bassist at all and he is not one of my influences but i respect that guy and even tho he is not my infleuence. if i ever met him i would shake his hand as a musician and respect that.

Same as i DO NOT like AC/DC because to me it is the same damn thing every time i hear them but i respect those who do like them and i respect them as the musicians they are just like Metallica.

oh and i always take shit for this but i prefer Sammy Hager lol but i still love David Lee Roth…25 years ago.
Van Halen's Album 1984 and 5150 were great albums as well Balance was ok but 1984 was a great album

hot for teacher
top jimmy
PANAMA

Reply to this thread