0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

EDDIE MONEY LIVES

softcell62
For Lon tabbing Mr. Money is going to be a labour of Love!
LoudLon [moderator]
FREEDOM! Visiting family has finally left to go back home. I love 'em to death, would do anything in the world for them, but FINALLY, some ME time!

Now I can get me some tabbing done!
Marko1960
They've only just left?!! Jeez Louise
Twiggybass
Eddie Money loves you Loudlon
LoudLon [moderator]
You don't know the half of it, Twig. I was just looking up the album info so I could submit Trinidad and made a very interesting discovery. The bass player on Trinidad was a founding member of the Steve Miller Band named Lonnie Turner.

Well, guess what? MY NAME IS LONNIE TURNER!!! Talk about a fuckin' coincidence!
IamMark
The Steve Miller Band was awesome.
Twiggybass
ok that i didn't know. so he left steve miller played for eddie? lonni turner huh. i got some reseach to do
LoudLon [moderator]
He didn't leave The SMB to play for Eddie; it was just one of the many collaborations he did outside of the band. I knew who LT was before, I just never knew he played on this particular song. Happy little surprise, there.
Twiggybass
wery little happy surpise. wow i didnt even know but you learn something new all the time.

Bassist Lonnie Turner was one of the longest serving members of the Steve Miller Band, having linked up with Miller professionally for the first time in 1966, when his group was called the Steve Miller Blues Band. He was with Miller on the Chuck Berry live album from the Fillmore, and at Monterey, and was still playing on some of his records in the 1980s. He was also a member of Terry & the Pirates and played with such diverse figures as Eddie Money, Dave Mason, Albert King, and Tommy Tutone. As his longtime work with Miller and his work with King attest, he had a special interest in the blues. Lonnie Turner died in April 2013 in Lebanon, Oregon at 66 years of age.
bass freak
Quote:
You don't know the half of it, Twig. I was just looking up the album info so I could submit Trinidad and made a very interesting discovery. The bass player on Trinidad was a founding member of the Steve Miller Band named Lonnie Turner.Well, guess what? MY NAME IS LONNIE TURNER!!! Talk about a fuckin' coincidence!

Coincidence, but so cool

Reply to this thread