0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

REM, WORST BAND OF THE 90s

linkinpark232
Sounds like you're hating on Manson way more than I did on REM. But like I give a shit. Go ahead, doesn't really matter to me. Sounds like you have something against me if you made this thread. Jesus Christ everybody calm down. So what I hate REM. Get over it. You'll survive
linkinpark232
Well you probably won't live since I hurt y'all so much

If I told you I like Motionless In White, All That Remains, Kings Of Leon, or Killswitch Engage would you still attack what I like to listen to? Yeah wouldn't doubt it. That's like me making a thread about if someone said they hate Megadeth. How old are you? Sounds like you're younger than me if you're crying about this shit
linkinpark232
Quote:
NO!! REM is one of the countless bands that my dad raised me on, and he has the best musical taste ever! They are a far cry from being the worts band of the 90s! I agree with DANNYBASSMAN93, the pop music today that's “good” is the WORST music ever! At least REM could sing without autotune, and write their own songs! I would venture to say that the author of that comment doesn't know jack sh*t about music, and what real talent invovles…Just my opinion, not trying to step on any toes.

I don't know jackshit about music. Real funny.
LoudLon [moderator]
Link, I think you need to take a step back and assess the situation, young bro: notice no one started attacking your tastes until after you claimed – not opined, but stated out-right – that some of their favorite bans are garbage.

We've had this discussion before; it's fine to not like a particular band. Of course it is, tastes always vary. But people take their music very seriously, and when you insult someone's favorite band or singer it's like insulting their spouse or their children. It's only expected that you'd get backlash from that. Just like respect, disrespect works both ways.

Treat others as you would like to be treated. That kind of thing.
linkinpark232
Okay but c'mon, do I go around making threads about how someone hates a band I like? Mm no never have, never will
linkinpark232
And we're definitely not in kindergarten. Treat others the way you want to be treated? Look at Christians Yeahhhh, really getting respect! Not attacking Christians just using them as an example
LoudLon [moderator]
Now that's stereotyping, kiddo. You wouldn't know it to look at me but I'm a religious person. Yes, I curse, and frequently. I love women and sex. I've been in combat and have been a bouncer, and have cracked more than my share of skulls. And I watch more horror movies in a week than most folks do in a year. Hell, I haven't even stepped foot in a church since I was a kid, some thirty years ago.

But I'm the kind of Christian who thinks all that's required is to be a good person in life – don't cheat on your spouse/partner, don't go out of your way to hurt anyone, and if you have an opportunity to help someone, don't hesitate to do so. Biggest of all, though – yes – treat others like you want to be treated.

Notice that when you and I have a disagreement, I don't attack you or your tastes. I could. Very easily, and very effectively. But I don't, because I wouldn't want someone doing that to me.

Learn the lesson, young sir.
bass freak
Quote:
Link, I think you need to take a step back and assess the situation, young bro: notice no one started attacking your tastes until after you claimed – not opined, but stated out-right – that some of their favorite bans are garbage.We've had this discussion before; it's fine to not like a particular band. Of course it is, tastes always vary. But people take their music very seriously, and when you insult someone's favorite band or singer it's like insulting their spouse or their children. It's only expected that you'd get backlash from that. Just like respect, disrespect works both ways.Treat others as you would like to be treated. That kind of thing.

Very sensible suggestion Lon!
bass freak
Quote:
Now that's stereotyping, kiddo. You wouldn't know it to look at me but I'm a religious person. Yes, I curse, and frequently. I love women and sex. I've been in combat and have been a bouncer, and have cracked more than my share of skulls. And I watch more horror movies in a week than most folks do in a year. Hell, I haven't even stepped foot in a church since I was a kid, some thirty years ago.But I'm the kind of Christian who thinks all that's required is to be a good person in life – don't cheat on your spouse/partner, don't go out of your way to hurt anyone, and if you have an opportunity to help someone, don't hesitate to do so. Biggest of all, though – yes – treat others like you want to be treated.Notice that when you and I have a disagreement, I don't attack you or your tastes. I could. Very easily, and very effectively. But I don't, because I wouldn't want someone doing that to me.Learn the lesson, young sir.

Maturity always shines through, well said Lon. Perfect logic as always.
mayhem
Again Lon the voice of reason!

Reply to this thread