0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Good funk artists to play along to?

Marko1960
Anything by Bernard Edwards, he was an amazing bassist but since his death has been pretty much forgotten, it was Bernard who told Nile Rodgers to play with that ‘Choppy, Stacatto’ style, and any bass player who's influenced a great guitarist has to be good
Strathadam
May also want to check out Chad Smith's Bombastic Meatbats. Kevin Chown lays down some tremendous bass lines, and with Chad Smith of RHCP on drums you know there's some funk happening.
Twiggybass
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS DUDE. THE ONLY BAND IN MY WORLD THAT KEEPS ME GOING EVERYDAY YAYYYYYYYYYYY FLEA
linkinpark232
Quote:
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS DUDE. THE ONLY BAND IN MY WORLD THAT KEEPS ME GOING EVERYDAY YAYYYYYYYYYYY FLEA

Love Trilogy is awesome to play!
Twiggybass
right on dude. for me is is Wet Sand
its a great song and my favourite.
Quote:
right on dude. for me is is Wet Sand its a great song and my favourite.
I love playing Give It Away, and their remake of Higher Ground.
Twiggybass
give it away is such an easy song to play but the best part is…jumping around and going crazy bonkers to it thats the best part…just like flea

Hell, i love everything about RHCP in general to i guess all are my favourite but if i had to choose it would be Wet Sand First and Give It Away would for sure be second
linkinpark232
The best RHCP is mid-late '80s. Their punk stuff was the shit
Twiggybass
The uplift mofo party plan was good but blood sugar sex magic is a masterpiece along with calafornication and by the way and everything was beyond amazing and it is because of John and Flea and Kedis and Chad as a bombastic and amazing team that produced amazing music
DANNYBASSMAN93 [top submitter]
WE have to have our own RHCP forum here guys!! O_______O

Reply to this thread