0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Contra Bass

Marko1960
10 years ago
Report this message
I have finally decided after much deliberation to build my second bass as a Contra Bass. There's Contra Bass versions of many musical instruments and the first Contra Bass guitar was made in 1899, it was an acoustic guitar tuned, E, A, D, G, B, G but an octave lower than the standard guitar. In the 60s and 70s, attempts at a Contra Bass guitar lead to the six string bass. My design is for a four string, tuned B, E, A, D, it will be no good for covering the music written for the standard bass, not having a G string, it will, however, be a totally new instrument, lending itself to Basslines with a darker low end. You could always use a five string of course but I hate the G string and I like my bass to be BASS!! The design is finalised, with a 35" scale to help with sustain and keep intonation to a minimum. I am in contact with EMG and they are making me up a set of pick ups with solderless wiring and active circuitry, they will be, Jazz neck, Jazz middle and Stingray at the bridge, yeah… Three pickups! Once it's finished I'll do a YouTube demo, then it will be going up for sale so watch this space, you could be the owner of the most downright, dirty bass

Reply to this thread